4x4 Labs group buy AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine saved my 80 when another driver ran a red light. She hit the drivers side, right behind the rear tire. The swing outs are Hanna Quality.
IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG

I might be interested in getting their welded double swing out rear bumper.

I was thinking for the money the top of the ladder should be even and without the 1/2 pipe extending past the right side. I do like that is had plenty of rungs. I meant no harm and apologize if I offended you.
When I ordered the front AOE bumper and the labs rear bumper from Alex at AOE we never discussed design of the rear ladder. They build the swing outs in house rather then use the bolt on stuff from labs. They told me they built my ladder like that to contour with the rear window on the hatch rather than stick out like most of them do. I just asked him to keep it tight against the back of the truck and when I saw the other cruisers at his shop they all had standard ladders. I didn't think that mine looked bad myself in person when I picked up so I let it be. Don't worry about it and no apologies necessary. I am a big boy and can handle criticism with no problem. I encourage honesty and appreciate the cold hard truth. I guess all that matters is that I have to be happy with what they gave me. As far as the labs rear bumper it is well designed and I am very happy with no regrets.

When I ordered the front AOE bumper and the labs rear bumper from Alex at AOE we never discussed design of the rear ladder. They build the swing outs in house rather then use the bolt on stuff from labs. They told me they built my ladder like that to contour with the rear window on the hatch rather than stick out like most of them do. I just asked him to keep it tight against the back of the truck and when I saw the other cruisers at his shop they all had standard ladders. I didn't think that mine looked bad myself in person when I picked up so I let it be. Don't worry about it and no apologies necessary. I am a big boy and can handle criticism with no problem. I encourage honesty and appreciate the cold hard truth. I guess all that matters is that I have to be happy with what they gave me. As far as the labs rear bumper it is well designed and I am very happy with no regrets.

Although Im not a fan of any swing outs I do like Alex's attention to detail by following the body lines along with the contour with the ladder. Also the way they engineered triple swing outs is pretty cool IMO.

Ok so here is the deal We can have the stuff shipped together and save about 1/2 the shipping cost. If we get 5 plus people we will get additional 10% off of the price. He will allow us to each call and pay individually and we will ship to a commercial location. I am pretty sure I know someone who will allow us to ship to his shop but you would have to commit to pick up your stuff within 2 days. Please let me know if you are in! I will coordinate!

One last thing Phil if Woody hates group buys wouldn't he also hate the fact that you posted your PUMA mount in Tech when it should be in the classifieds? Just sayen!

Chachie put your ninja search skills to work you will find a recent thread that covers the topic of new products and group buys in the 80 tech section.
My Puma mounts are now in small vendors business store front <link section along with a lot of others guys great products. But if you want to avoid searching my Puma mounts are linked in my signature below for your buying convenience.

As for 4x4 labs bumpers I have been involved with building several kits since first made available. Lukes bumper has come a long way only for the better. The fit and assembly it many folds better then when they first came. My last 4x4 labs bumper required little to none adjustment during the build. My 4x4 labs bumper build

A welded bumper from Labs is not a bad deal once you see how much time is involved in putting the kit together. I went with the kit because I didnt want to see any welds, that required a lot of additional time but happy with the clean look.

96bump12.JPG

The valance at the top of the bumper pictured was added and does not come with the kit. The side tubing is also larger in dia and placed differently then included and recommended in the kit.

Last edited:
Discussing the merits and strength of Lukes bumper, proof shown above, is tech by any definition. I have seen Phil's bumper, even added a helping hand, the end product it almost perfect. If I had more time and better welding skills I would build my own from Luke's kit. I know the amount of time Phil spent, doubt there is a better outcome for me than buying one already completed.

Chachie put your ninja search skills to work you will find a recent thread that covers the topic of new products and group buys in the 80 tech section.
My Puma mounts are now in small vendors business store front <link section along with a lot of others guys great products. But if you want to avoid searching my Puma mounts are linked in my signature below for your buying convenience.

As for 4x4 labs bumpers I have been involved with building several kits since first made available. Lukes bumper has come a long way only for the better. The fit and assembly it many folds better then when they first came. My last 4x4 labs bumper required little to none adjustment during the build. My 4x4 labs bumper build

A welded bumper from Labs is not a bad deal once you see how much time is involved in putting the kit together. I went with the kit because I didnt want to see any welds, that required a lot of additional time but happy with the clean look.

View attachment 944358

The valance at the top of the bumper pictured was added and does not come with the kit. The side tubing is also larger in dia and placed differently then included and recommended in the kit.

That is beautiful!!:cheers:

Agree with Phil. I ground all the corners and the face of the receiver hitch until they look like they are molded. It's a bunch of work but the results are really clean.

Agree with Phil. I ground all the corners and the face of the receiver hitch until they look like they are molded. It's a bunch of work but the results are really clean.
Did the same here. Friend did the critical welding, I spotted filled some rougher areas and flapped disc'd the edges/spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom