Radiator for 88 4Runner 4cl, mt, ac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive got a small leak in the top of the tank on my 1988 4r, and need to start sourcing a radiator. I'm open to aftermarket as well as factory. Any recommendations out there?

Its an 88 with the 22re, ac, and manual tranny.

Thanks,
Steve

Can't go wrong with factory:meh: But if you want to save a little coin, see if you can just jet it repaired. As far as aftermarkets, lost of choices out there, LCE Engneering use to carry a decent radiator for the 22RE.

I've always had great luck with CSF radiators. Currently have a 3-core CSF in my '86. Been running them sine '04.

I recently installed a new radiator in my 4Runner. I remember the shop gave me a few options. Aluminum with plastic tanks vs. all brass was one of them. I wanted all brass, they also suggested brass. Because I off road and twist the truck up they felt I would destroy an AL/Plastic radiator.

Unfortunately, I can't find the number for what they installed. It had the thickness of a 3-row (almost 2 inches), but was only a 2-row core. The cores were really big and from what I could tell it would really flow. The only number I could find was 2320, which was a 3-row core. Since I live, and play, in the desert cooling is very important. Historically I ran a Modine 2041, but I haven't seen one sold lately anyplace.

EDIT: I found this old post I made.
Historically I've run a Modine 2041, or equivalent, 3-row core radiator. The last time I went to the radiator shop the 2041 equal was stupid money. They sold me a 2-row core radiator that was almost as thick as the 2041. The only difference was the 2-rows were in the same space as the 3-rows. The part number might have been 147CBR, $260.

Gonna go with a csf 2314 3 row brass. $184.00 shipped from discountautoradiator.com

Check out rock auto, best.deal I could find for another car.

I ordered it on Wed. It was made by csf on Thursday, and sent out on Friday. I should have it early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom