Chappo's hj47 build 6/84 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We'll I didn't even get to spend time on my ute on the weekend I had to split fire wood on Saturday and then went to a mates place on Sunday and pulled apart his patrol with him then split more fire wood for my uncle
image.jpg

This morning I got the pressure washer hooked up the degreaser mixed in warm water and went to move my 75 series on to the end I the drive way and no go bloody electrical gremlins again all I did on Sunday morning was take the battery out of it to jump start my uncles ute and put the battery back and must of bump some crapy wiring so the auto electrian is coming in the next few days to fix all the po crap. And last night we got woken up by people in our drive way and them they ran off down the road an did burnouts in stead so because of that I am very cautious of things being stolen now so I am honing to push my ute out the backyard gate so it's safe but todo that I had to put the roof on my hj47 so I did that and used a heap of silastic to make it water proof until I put it back in storage I pressure washed the roof looks good
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Good news on sealing up the 47 but with all honesty give the whole car a good soaking with fish oil inside out as it cheap insurance as the more oil you put in the better the outcome in the long run. I go from the roof down and soak every panel on the inside taking screws out or drilling holes whatever it takes to subdue the rust.

Thanks for that roof again mate I have a few spray bottles of lanolin that stuff works like fish oil don't know if it's as good as but it smells better

Well done on the 75 mate. 12H-T's are badass with a good exhaust system. Like driving a bloody Mack!

The exhaust needs to be done as it has a few leaks what size should I get on it I don't want it loud just yet was standard size 2 1/2 inch

I borrowed a mate's HJ61 and it had a 2.5" or maybe even a 3". Sounded like a Freightliner. Even had the turbo whistle. It was so boss.

Budget wise at this point I will probably get the exhaust leaks fixed and buy a stainless one in a few months after I start working again

Budget wise at this point I will probably get the exhaust leaks fixed and buy a stainless one in a few months after I start working again

I bought my 316 stainless steel 3" tube direct from the steel company, 3 metres of tube, 2x90 deg bends and 3x45 deg bends = $246.00 I think if I remember correctly. Anyway only ended up using 1.5 metres of the tube and one 90 deg bend and used all 3x45 deg bends.

Tube is around $26.00 a metre and each bend is $27.50 each. Bought a 3" 304 stainless flex joint and a 3" 304 SS muffer, used 316 welding wire with TIG. Just remember you cannot use 304/308 welding wire on 316 stainless.

Last edited:
Muffler and bend supplied & installed for $242. Mine exits in front of the rear wheel.
IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

Thanks guys I found the leak in the exhaust it's at one of the joins where it slides together it is 3" all the way so just a simple fix for now

Must be a faulty relay in the wiring because when you turn they key to on it all lights up as it should and then when you turn it to start it looses all power must have turned it 10 times and it started once only I also found why the tacho is not working the wires have been Broken off it can I just remove the sensor to see if I can fix it if I can't a have a brand new sensor that I bought for another ute a few years back that should fix the problem

How goes your build Chappo?

Hey mate not much happening on the 47 just gets pushed buy hand out of the way to get the mower through the car port I will get back to it soon when the funds and time go back to the positive side of thing been real busy with work and other ute

He's still lurking ol chappo. I think it's the old time vs money equation.

Not mid project lull next week or two I have to sell my hj47 comes with most parts to finish it $6000 any one interested just pm me

I can't keep it any more I owe money and my old boss owes me money and I am out of work looking for an apprenticeship

Last edited:
Ah s*** chappo that's sh1thouse. Where are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom