GXs and V8 Runners with aftermarket skids? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

470SNC

03 GX470
Threads
Hey guys,

Anyone here with a GX470 or V8 4runner with aftermarket skid plates? I'm looking into getting a RCI full set for my GX, but do you really have to pull the whole front skid plate off for the oil filter for the oil change every time?! With the stock skids, its easy since its two pieces for the front skid, and you only have to take off the front, but with an aftermarket steel skid, taking off the whole thing everytime for a oil change would be a major pain not including how easy those stock skid plate bolts strip and lifting a steel skid is no joke

I wonder if anyone aftermarket could make a custom 2 piece front skid to bolt onto to the existing 2 piece front stock skid bolt locations.

BudBuilt?

I'll have to check in with Budbuilt, I know their current offered skid is 1 piece

I have ASFIR aluminum plates from front to back on my GX.

I have my oil changed with the plates on, no issue. Just have to hose off a bit, but I usually wash it after the change anyway.

Dan, so the techs are able to get to the oil filter from the side? It's sort of a pain even with the factory skid on since the sway bar is in the way. I wonder if there is more access with an aftermarket skid, I'll have to take a look at my options

Yep! They get it no problem.

great to know!

Just found out my answer, the Bud built IFS/engine skid is actually two pieces similar to the stock configuration, so you can just remove the front section to access oil filter, looks like I'm going to have to go BudBuilt

Just found out my answer, the Bud built IFS/engine skid is actually two pieces similar to the stock configuration, so you can just remove the front section to access oil filter, looks like I'm going to have to go BudBuilt

Same ones I was looking at. Look pretty solid too. You getting the full set or just the fronts?

And post some pics when you get them!

the full set is too rich for my blood at once, probably just the front, then transmission, and then gas tank skid

Not the best angle. They have LCA and Gas tank as well. I got all mine shipped for less than a grand.

1410965558984.jpg

Do you have a V8 runner Nitrag? I was going to get RCIs, but since its a one piece skid instead of two, I would have to take off the whole skid plate to get to the oil filter every time which would suck and result in easily stripped bolts

How about these?

10636118_10152406422388123_3603734962259483454_n.jpg

Dan, im going to stay away from aluminum skids for now

Do you have a V8 runner Nitrag? I was going to get RCIs, but since its a one piece skid instead of two, I would have to take off the whole skid plate to get to the oil filter every time which would suck and result in easily stripped bolts

Yep v8 sport. Sorry for late reply I'm on T4R more often. Skids come in multiple pieces are are not that difficult to remove. Changed my oil two nights ago but already had the skid off for touchups. Let's just assume it need to be off to change oil. If it doesn't, I'll come back here and update this. Highly recommend these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom