Rank Amateur Painting HJ60: ISO Advisors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm dinking around with getting the headliner all back to normal and everything is going fine except for the places where it needs to be glued around the door. I tried 3M Super 77 spray, but dealing with controlling the overspray is a pain and then it doesn't even stick... it looks like the old glue was some kind of paste on rubber cement type of stuff. Does anyone have product recommendations?

Textured the rocker panels today. I'll topcoat them with the stock white paint when I do the whole thing.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406651530.926383.jpg

I also got the bumpers back from being sand blasted and powder coated. They match the split-rim wheels now and look brand new.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406651619.697632.jpg

Last edited:
apocalypsegrrrl, you rule!!! Excellent work and yes, they all turn into bigger jobs than you think. Even my AZ FJ40 has me doing lots to get it the way I want it. Have any single sisters in Arizona that like Land Cruisers???? Seriously, rig is looking good.

The pros of marrying an engineer is that he builds you the paint booth, pictured above. The cons are that he starts researching paint booth explosions and threatens to shut the project down. So, I REALLY need some answers on this. How likely am I to blow myself up and how can I avoid blowing myself up? I do have electric fans, and there will be some static from the plastic sheeting, but there's also pretty good ventilation. Nobody will be smoking. There will be no propane heaters going...

I think it looks pretty good, and I didn't blow the paint booth up, so: WINNING! There is one panel that I missed when I went over it the first time with a fine coat of spray, so when I went back over it, the next time, the paint didn't stick as well and I got one run. I need to sand and buff that out. Otherwise, time to start putting stuff back together.

Wow, I stand in awe. It has given me the courage to go and buy a spray gun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom