Interior LEDs w/dimmer for my FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm thinking of adding some footwell and center console/cup holder lighting LEDs in my 60 in red to be used when driving at night. I find it easier to drive at night if there is a bit of light in the cabin and it will be easier to hit the cupholder if there is a hint of light in that area. I think I want to use some red LEDs and I think it will be useful to be able to adjust brightness depending on circumstances.

Has anyone found/used a simple dimmer, like the stock dash light dimmer, with LEDs? The dimmers specific to LEDs at Superbright and other suppliers are pricey...

mark

Trollhole... bought one at Advance Auto today and it passed my work bench test with flying colors! It looks like it will fit like stock in the spot where the rear defrost switch would be (if I had good defrost wires in my rear FJ60 glass). While a continuous dimmer would be "better" in some situations this will be just fine for me.
THANKS!

Trollhole... bought one at Advance Auto today and it passed my work bench test with flying colors! It looks like it will fit like stock in the spot where the rear defrost switch would be (if I had good defrost wires in my rear FJ60 glass). While a continuous dimmer would be "better" in some situations this will be just fine for me.
THANKS!

How did it turn out?
What lights did you choose?
I'm at 24v, but i guess i can run a few leds on the converter.

You want cheap? I got your cheap right here!

;)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003L4KKF2/?tag=ihco-20

I bought one but haven't hooked it up yet. Too busy.

I have a very bright 48 LED panel in the rear dome light, which is great when you need to find something, but when I fish out of the truck at night it's just way too much. So I thought I'd try a cheapo dimmer.

Post up a picture of the inside where you can read the markings on the chips inside. In theory, you could make a PWM dimmer for about that price, but with the case and the rheostat?

If there's a power fet or something, connected directly to the cheap plastic or to a super-cheap 1 layer circuit board, I could imagine some smoke signals. A metal case would be an easy mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom