Turbo 3fe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after converting my fj70 from 3f to 3fe a few years ago, I've decided it's time for a bit of a kick in the guts

Plan is to bolt on a gt28/71 to a custom manifold, front mount intercooler and 3" exhaust

I'm already running a haltech e6x and with a bit of tuning by myself it made 123hp on the dyno as n/a

Will post pics as they come

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407416443.941637.jpg

17 hours straight and this is what iv come up with, not a bad effort for only using a 5" grinder and a the trusty welder
Not fully finished, but should do the trick, a hour or so left of grinding and linishing
Only problem I had was number one and six where the same bends and I didn't take into account the alternator, so had to cut and re shape number 1 but worked out nice
Battery will be relocated behind passenger seat next to the 2 batteries I have for the 24v system for the winch
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419819.211915.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419838.343903.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419865.263484.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419880.320109.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419896.801152.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407419938.254493.jpg

just out of curiosity, why didn't you use the 3FE manifolds as take-offs and then just fab an upturned Y pipe?

Didn't have standard headers, iv seen the bloke on here do the j pipes but wanted a different set up.

Safari used to do kits but stopped because I think no one wants to spend money on a 2/3f...I think I'm the only person in Australia who loves them

Finally sourced the intercooler I wanted, black will blend in nicely

Also got some 100 series 1fzfe injectors for a good price. Getting them flow tested during the week and once there done will throw them in and start cooler piping

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407748809.633479.jpg

Last edited:
looks sweet mate. most people aren't a fan of the power because they cant handle it haha not bad for a 5 inch grander. will work sweet. did you have a problem with the chassis running standard headers? cause it mite have been easyer if you looked around for some and went that way...

Thanks mate, should be right I think, before I put it in I had the motor rebuilt so being fresh it "should" handle it
Not chasing big power but wel see how it goes
Looking back now I think it would have been pretty tight using standard headers, but I wanted to try something different and I think it will work sweet

Ah yer mate had that proplem with his. Manifold looks sweet why did you 45 it on N.O. 1

I'm the only person in Australia who loves them

Heresy!!

If you don't change your evil ways, your punishment of burning at the diesel soaked stake on top the diesel soaked tender, shall be carried out by an angry mob, with diesel soaked torches!!

There's no love for petrol allowed, mate!

Bahahaha.

Nice work on the manifold, hopefully a caffeine induced seventeen hour marathon, not a diesel laden "alternative" fuel!

Nice work champ, looks good I'm sure you will enjoy the extra ponys off road as I do in my turbo 1fz ute.

Heresy!!

If you don't change your evil ways, your punishment of burning at the diesel soaked stake on top the diesel soaked tender, shall be carried out by an angry mob, with diesel soaked torches!!

There's no love for petrol allowed, mate!

Bahahaha.

Nice work on the manifold, hopefully a caffeine induced seventeen hour marathon, not a diesel laden "alternative" fuel!

Haha I have a diesel 79 so it evens itself out

Thanks Clint.

I'm really happy with how everything's turning out, not bad for a electrician hey

Building the exhaust next weekend so il keep pictures coming

not bad for a electrician hey
[/QUOTE]

Must be something about us sparkie's and putting boost in petrol cruisers ;)

Great minds think alike!

What set up are you running mate?
Throw some pics up

0f056f3e.jpg

I had to modify the front lower panel to suit the front mount
6a6a9e8c.jpg

Its changed a bit since this pic
3529ffa7.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410061258.525913.jpg

Picked up a late model 75 troopy grill, covers cooler nicely with plenty of room to spare!

Back to work for a few weeks so plan is to get it tuned when I get back

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1410061234.342157.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom