Builds Silver Bullet - BJ74 Tough Offroad all rounder buildup (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ontrack 4wd Club deep snow trip.

Plan was to leave Friday after work, what actually happened was towing Gregs car home 10mins into the trip, spat a harmonic balancer. Luckily another club member had a spare and by 1am we had it going again ready for us to leave early Sat morning. Missed out on a few tracks which means we will have to go again. Greg had some tyre troubles, slicing two tyres open on one rock. All in all a great trip with some seriously awesome driving.

..... And to think I only used my Cruiser to move my daughters furniture from college this weekend. My adventure pales in comparison to yours. :)

..... And to think I only used my Cruiser to move my daughters furniture from college this weekend. My adventure pales in comparison to yours. :)

ahahah well this was this vehicles last trip for a little while, I will be jumping in with other blokes for the next ones

In between all the drives I do alot of work on the car to keep it reliable and go faster....... Being playing with the rear suspension, changed out the late model 80 series bump stops for some early ones. The early ones are longer but softer rubber, hoping they are slightly more progressive.

Got my moneys worth out of the old pads, discs still measure in spec so in for a new set. Trying these, which are GTR Skyline pads, according to my mate who owns a brake shop they should work well to higher temps and with more bite than my old bendix 4x4 pads.

Will do, I am not expecting them to last a long time, but hopefully have more initial bite and high temp/prolonged stopping power. Last set of Bendix only lasted 5000km. Next trip is the end of this month, had to fix the suspension, brakes and a pair of new batteries.

Over the weekend just gone we ran a trip to Mt Sunday and 4hr Hill. Basically we did the following

-Friday Night dinner at the Jamieson pub and camped at Wrens flat
-Saturday morning up Mt Sunday, 1min into the first track Hulsty broke a rear axle
-Murrays Hilux needed a few wiring adjustments to get the compressor and lockers working again
-Mt Sunday and Mt Mckinty tracks are reasonably over grown in spots which the Jeep did not love
-4hr Hill took all of 2mins to do, rocks were all pretty much dry with good traction
-A little after lunch we headed up Barkley river jeep track which is always a good challenge
-Still snow at the top of the track, enough for the Jeep to get bogged, twice
-Sunday we did Black river track, section of which to Queen Bee rd is very overgrown, go in from the other direction of doing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom