'72 FJ40 Headlight Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a headlight switch for a February 1972 FJ40. Mine has to be jiggled in order for the lights to work.

They have been discontinued. Any suggestions of where to get one or options? I was told I could probably get a GM light switch that had the 2 pull functionality, but I'd prefer to find the Toyota light switch if possible.

post up in the Classifieds here on MUD under parts WANTED

how to get to Classifieds ? at the top of this website, there's a link button to click . . .

You do not need a new switch you just need to remove it, take it apart, and clean the contacts inside with a pencil eraser then apply a small amount of dielectric grease to the contacts and the bottom of the contact block where the little BB is. Simple 30 minute fix...

Thanks Coolerman. I'll give that a try. Also thanks DSRTRDR.

Thanks. I'm new to Ih8mud, so still trying to figure out the easiest way to find things on the site.

Coolerman, that fixed my headlight switch problem as well as my wiper switch. Thanks for the help.

So.....what if my switch works fine but the pull comes off when it's pulled (if that makes sense)?

can you put a set screw in ?

no, it doesn't appear that there ever was one. I'll look again and I'm ready to be wrong but I did't see where one would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom