Here we go again...another Hundy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Props. Major props.
I have been vacillating between selling mine or going off the deep end. Something about reading yours (and the rest of the amazing builds here) might have taken me over the edge.

Rear bumper removed
image.jpg

Figured I'd pressure wash the frame rails while I'm at it...just because I'm anal retentive :D
image.jpg

Then just slip the BIOR bumper over the frame, slide it in place and get all your capture nuts finger tight
image.jpg

That's it...done with the rear bumper. Just need to install the roof rails and get an alignment now. I'm also going to clay wax it tomorrow ...so maybe I'll post up some poser shots when she's all cleaned up. Thanks for following along....
image.jpg
image.jpg

Love the build!

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

That's it...done with the rear bumper. Just need to install the roof rails and get an alignment now. I'm also going to clay wax it tomorrow ...so maybe I'll post up some poser shots when she's all cleaned up. Thanks for following along....View attachment 930462 View attachment 930461

Nice!

Are the "wings" on your front bumper too close to the fender. Hard to tell from the pics, but the driver's side looks especially close. I know mine flexes quite a bit so would be worried about bending the fender.

Nice!

Are the "wings" on your front bumper too close to the fender. Hard to tell from the pics, but the driver's side looks especially close. I know mine flexes quite a bit so would be worried about bending the fender.

ya...it is too close and does make some noise. I pretty much skrewed up the driver side frame horn so my final fit once I tightened everything up pushes that wing in contact with the bottom of the fender. I'm planing to pull it off and weld a reinforcement plate to both sides of the inner frame rail on that side so I can drill clean new holes. In the meantime I just shoved a bit of rubber gasket material in there to keep it from driving me mental.

Damn dude! I know we joked around, but didn't think you were really going that far with it! Showed it to the fam, the kids didn't believe it was the same truck they lived the first 5/9 years of their lives in. Looks great, looking forward to seeing it on some adventures (or driving alongside)!

body lift = bumper gap problem solved

:D

Damn dude! I know we joked around, but didn't think you were really going that far with it! Showed it to the fam, the kids didn't believe it was the same truck they lived the first 5/9 years of their lives in. Looks great, looking forward to seeing it on some adventures (or driving alongside)!

Thx Derek...I'm actually on my first trip now heading to Colorado the long scenic way. Dont have time to post pics now, but will when I'm back. Tomorrow im off from Cedar City, UT on the way to Durango through Escalante, Hanksville and Blanding....totally stoked! The truck is running awesome except for my new fuel consumption issue I have. Between my lead foot, the 34" tires and the wind drag created by my Maggiolina I'm down to about 10-12MPG...So I guess I gotta start saving for 4.88's:hillbilly:

Cheers,
B
photo.JPG

Nice. I really like that color with the black.

Hey man, great build! I'm curious about the Rhino bar setup. Looks like the rear and middle bars attached to the existing holes. Did you have to drill holes for the front set of bars and if so does the kit come with the hardware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom