toyota 14bt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi can someone help me pls I have 2 questions whatis the hp for the toyota 14bt and the normal oil pressure when the engine warm @ 2700 .thanks
IMG_6309694946500.jpeg
IMG_6309694946500.jpeg IMG_6309694946500.jpeg

20130801_065801.jpg

I'll move this over to the Diesel section. You'll get better responses over there.

Thanks for the information, so I have problems in the oil pressure , my 14bt marine engine oil pressure go s down to 55 psi after half an hour @2700 rpm. I used rimula oil 15w-40 and original oil filter.

Hi there
According to the manual your pressure still looks OK. These pumps run directly off the crank and are very rev dependant even with the pressure regulator.
Oil info.jpg

I would call it good, but perhaps a new relief valve spring and plunger if they are available.

This looks like a marine application? Is it DIY or aftermarket or from Toyota . some info would be interesting.
PM you email if you want a PDF of the manual.

Regards
George

Hi thanks , yes it is a DIY marine conversion about 11 years and still performed very good. So l try to change the relief valve ? It would be helpful if you send me the manual PDF cashadavid@hot mail.com.
So I take more photos of the engine for more info .thanks very much for the help.

Will do, David,
but as mentioned, you are already within the specification so no need to worry unless it is dropping very quickly.
Just tried the email and it will not send, the file may be too big.

Still no luck. Check that you email can take a 10M file. Or otherwise go to the stickies at the top of this page and checkout the "downloading manuals "section.

Still no luck. Check that you email can take a 10M file. Or otherwise go to the stickies at the top of this page and checkout the "downloading manuals "section.

My experience is that you can't send big files to "free" email addresses like gmail and hotmail and I no longer bother trying...

In a marine application, wouldn't this be down in the hull? Would an intercooler be a good idea? Maybe an water/air plumbed in.

If the boat is big enough why not it go s down in the hull.
Yes if the engine its factory original intercooler you can installed a marine intercooler.

Yes two alternators one its the original 24v to start the engine and the another one 12v for the lighting system so if the 12 v battery drain you don't have to worry because the 24v battery is full of charge and you can start the engine .

Is this some kind of heat exchange pump in place of the power steering pump?? (Did the 14B have a builtin PS pump??)

pump.jpg

The chap who thought it should be lower in the hull did not see the workshop floor under the engine. I take it the engine is out for maintenance??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom