Too much oil or not? Leaky mess... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Did a little search, didn't find what I need. I got my 60 in May, so I'm still a little new to the 2f. Last month during the first oil change, I noticed the engine needed more than 8.4 quarts of oil to be "full" on the dipstick. It was more like 10 qts. I've checked the dipstick length and part number, it all checks out. Also, I'm leaking quite a bit from the rear of the block. Maybe a tablespoon a day?

Are these two issues related? Should I only put in 8.4 qts even though the dipstick shows very low?

Help! Thanks.
Pierre

If you are completely stock, I would never put 10 qts in there.

With a 'tall' oil filter maybe a bit more and with a different oil pan maybe more. But stock...8.2-8.4. (With a filter change).

JEM

Thanks guys...Just scary to look at the dipstick with 8.4 qts and see just a smidge of oil. o_O

You checked the dip stick, better check the guide/tube. Are you sure the dip stick guide/tube is fully inserted into the block? On the 2F I have, the guide is 5 inches in length from block to top of guide.

Jerry D.

Take a look at your oil pan- maybe someone modified it to hold MORE oil???

t

Thanks guys...Just scary to look at the dipstick with 8.4 qts and see just a smidge of oil. o_O

Yeah the guide tube is more of a problem in mine than the actual dip stick itself. If you plan on getting your hands dirty, get in there and check your guide tube before discounting the dip stick entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom