What's On The Grill Tonight? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Top Sirloin au poivre with Fresh corn tonight... Bit odd mix but the fridge is almost empty so you gotta do what you gotta do.
And french fries. But the latter may be done in the oven though... (Any recipes about grilled french fries? :) )

:princess: found a few properties in Ocean Park, WA.. one has a 2400 sq ft shop with single and 3 phase power.. She is looking into plane tickets, etc.. now..

J
Some world class salmon fishing and great oysters right there in Willapa Bay!

Grilled and shredded some chicken breast and made nachos.

J

P1040709.JPG

The Salmon are thick at the mouth of the Columbia right now, lots of fish in the 30 lb range.

And the holiday weekend starts on a positive note.:)

101_1499.jpg

^ hmmm...when I bought the sea urchin the other day they had live spotted prawns (Monterey Bay). Methinks you may have sponsored a shrimp boil idea here :)

Wings 2 ways - custom dry rub and Herdez Pasilla Chile sauce. Both sat for 9 hours in the fridge. The dry rub was great. The wet ones were bland; the marinade never reached the meat. Both were cooked indirect on the EGG then finished over hot coals on the Smokey Jr. I don't go for nuclear/atomic/face melting wings, but when I do need some major heat there's a great bottle of ghost pepper sauce I got in Turks and Caicos. IRIEOB1's Irie sauce does great for lesser heat (thanks J).

The winner, though, was the chuck eye steak I cubed and marinated in my super special Asian sauce (your only hint is fish sauce), then skewered and grilled quickly over coals. Holy s***. Ribeye was too damn $$$ yesterday so I took the "close enough" option. I've missed this sauce for way too long. Welcome back, old friend.

I served it all with an avocado/tomato salsa. Simple, tasty and complementary, but I should have done veggies that didn't need a fork.

iPhone quite working with wifi so I've stopped posting pics until I can be bothered to hook it up to the laptop or buy a new phone.

What to do with the left over chuck roast to end the weekend...:hmm:

101_1500.jpg
101_1501.jpg

Splits' Friday post of fish tacos got me motivated tonight. I grilled corn - 2 in husks on coals and 1 stripped on the grate - and some large shrimp in the shells (simply with Old Bay and olive oil). Made some more avocado/tomato salsa, too. Cut the kernels from the cobs, halved the shrimp lengthwise and filled tortillas with all of the above. I forgot to get lettuce and/or cabbage so I went without, just cilantro for greens. Damn tasty, and much healthier than what I've been eating lately.

And I threw the corn husks on the coals before grilling the shrimp for even more corn holiness! I almost forgot about that little trick.

Smells good Split :) Same here tonight except chicken.

ribs... :)

Brats and .............. TOFU.. This is WRONG??? RIGHT!!!

Anyhow, I wanted brats and the wife wanted tofu.. so I compromised.. She doesn't like brats, BUT... I REPEAT BUT.. likes the brat flavor.. So... I cook them and let my OH SO DELICICIUS brat juice drip on to her tofu... ( kinda sounds KINKY ...)

I made a brown gravy consisting of Shiner Bock beer, onions and peppers with dumplings for my dish.. She had tofu and veggies...

Mine was very GOOD!.........

J

IMG_20140906_150720_116.jpg
P1050153.JPG
P1050156.JPG
P1050157.JPG
P1050158.JPG

I'm pretty sure you broke some law doing that to tofu:confused:

I loves me some brats though!!

Since 9:00am this morning... Two pig halves on the ONSC cooker in the middle of the woods for our Logan's Run event.
View attachment 941296

...via IH8MUD app

John you have inspired me to break out a little 4# brisket for a smoking session tomorrow. Will give me something to do while I pull the back bumper off the 80.. Have several to build over the next few weeks.. Wrenchin' and Smokin' ... sounds like a country song in the making.... :hillbilly:

Brisket is trimmed to my liking, rubbed and wrapped.. In the fridge for an overnight affair of flavors.

J

P1050292.JPG
P1050293.JPG
P1050294.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom