Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would be interested in a bumper like that also.... supper clean

Thanks!

I'd be interested too

Okay.

Please check with him. It seems like there are enough of us who are interested in your bumper that it might be worth while for him to produce more. Of course, as long as you don't mind us stealing your original design.

I left a message with Mike, the owner of BIO - Bump It Offroad. I think he took his family camping this weekend. He is a great guy to deal with. I think he is usually ~3 weeks out on work. But I will let you guys know what he says when we talk next (I am guessing next week). I do not mind your interest in the design at all! Mike and I just started talking about how the bumper should look and it just kind of appeared! I didn't want/need major armor because this Pig is a cream puff. I think the roughest it will see are the forest roads around here, so it didn't make sense to add more protection than what we did.

I keep coming back to look at the bumper, Nice! I also noticed for the first time, the newer back up lights are way bigger than my 71's and the reflectors are different. I keep learning.

Well I am glad the pictures help! Amazing how you can look at something several times and still learn something new...

Please check with him. It seems like there are enough of us who are interested in your bumper that it might be worth while for him to produce more. Of course, as long as you don't mind us stealing your original design.
That bumper is nice and I dig the integrated receiver (is it braced behind?), now original ... IDK. IPOR has been making this design for years:

Not sure if it's currently in production though?

Tucker

That is definitely a bumper that is work paying for that's awesome. I would love to be able to to mount that bumper on my pig. Can you give us more info as soon as you find out if he will produce more.

Do you know if he would mind doing a Custome roof rack for my 72' pig I want to be able to load her up without taking up all my interior space.

Basket style preferably.

Do you know if he would mind doing a Custome roof rack for my 72' pig I want to be able to load her up without taking up all my interior space.

That I do not know. If you search for threads w/ Bump It Offroad mentioned, he did make a roof rack for a 100 or an 80. Not sure how much of that he does. I suspect I'll talk to him Tuesday...

Does anyone have a picture of the old MAF rear Pig bumpers? They were cool and had some tube to them...
I tried to get Dave Gore to make me one of those rear bumpers for over a year, turns out he threw away the jig a while back :(. He did make me a "55" version of his front 8274 bumper. Wasn't knocking your bumper, heck I'm glad anyone is willing to make parts for our little market. The 100 series crowd is big on BIOR, just now learning what's available there with the purchase of my '06 (had driven an 80 for 12yrs) -

Tucker

I did not perceive any knock on my bumper at all. Another nice thing I like in the design Mike and I came up with is how the ends slant in a little towards the corners after the frame rails when you are looking down from the top.

Wish I could find a pic of that MAF Pig rear bumper... It was cool!

Found it! I would have made notes in this catalog in ~2002, and back then it was special order @ $1700. I am assuming that was with the side protection, but then you are cutting your quarters.

Anyway, it sounded like a cool unit w/ swing out spare and ladder to the top!

I guess they are no more...

MAF 55 Rear Bumper.jpg

I think I am going to try and reverse manufacture that so I can have the swing out spare on my 55 I defining like that time to start working on customization.

All, I talked to Mike, the owner of Bump It Offroad.
He does have the design file for my bumper. He needs to know if all the rear cross-members are the same?
If yes, then we should be in business.
Receiver and trailer wiring plug are optional. If you opt for the receiver you will have to clearance your cross member yourself.
He said if we can pull together 5 orders at once, he would do a group buy rate.
The best way to contact him will be through his email: mike@bumpitoffroad.com
http://www.bumpitoffroad.com/contact/page4.html
He said he is a couple of weeks out on work right now which is much better than earlier in the summer
I hope this can work for y'all!

I'm in I just need to know the cost I have a 72 frame I just need to start getting the parts together so I can get this pig together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom