Dash Layout (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rodney,

I haven't ordered it yet, but the 10" will fit fine for my seats. They recommend mounting the seats and have two people sit in them while measuring. That's one person per seat! :)

Thanks Ron. I always get ahead of myself. I want to order all the parts and worry about fitment later. I've already gotten myself in trouble doing that more than once, you'd think I'd learn

Since dash lights were brought up in another thread, I'll put it out here. Anybody going to add dash lights, in order to see the center dash. I'm still worrying about those rocker switches with the leds in them, being too bright. I might use the non-led ones, also I'm using the stock switches, which don't light up. I haven't come up with a nice little light, that won't shine in my eyes.

So, i haven't figured out dash light yet, but made some changes in my switches.

I'm not going to use the contura's.
I am going to use the stock switches for headlights, wipers, hazards, rear window, rear heater
I'm going to do an overhead toggle panel with 9 switches to cover ARB's, Veg oil and off-road lights

I've also changed my dials a bit. I ordered custom gauges from speedhut today. I'll have a 4 1/2 inch speedo/tach combo centered above the steering column, 3 3/8 quad gauge to the left then 2 1/16 EGT and Veg oil temp gauges to the right

I've attached my new, and what should be final, dash layout. I'd appreciate a heads up if anyone sees any obvious errors or omissions

Attachments

• FJ55 dash scale.pdf
    286.5 KB · Views: 119
Hey now, that's looking cool. I'm thinking Speedhut, also. I get all confused with the back lighting. Blue, green, etc. Too many choices.

... Too many choices.

Aint that the truth. Almost gave me a headache trying to sort through them all, but in the end, I was glad I was able to customize it. I even added a couple of Logo's ;)

You are correct Ron. GPS Speedo. I would have actually preferred either mech or elec but that was the only option they had that was speedo/tach combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom