Aussie fj55 lover hi new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the pulley is on belted up fired her up the timings much better there was a small miss when it was cold got worse when it warmed up. Getting two new spark plugs Tommorrow think one is stuffed going to pull leads and find it. Then the moment we have all been waiting for.
Oh the doors are painted up pics soon.

Well you wouldn't ####### believe it found the stuffed plug fired her up got her warm adjusted the idle shut her down and a little bit of fuel was leaking into the carby. We took the top off the carby to adjust the float level got it back on was going to take her around the block. Started her back up rattle rattle sounds like it's about to chuck a leg. So close yet so far!!!!!! #### it

I've reached a point where I've really had enough the struggles and disappointments are out weighing the wins but what do you do when it's so close and so much money pumped into it. I'm sure it would be easier if I had actually driven the car. I am staying away at moment I'm sure Matt will have a look around it in the next couple of days but I don't won't to take this attitude down there.

She'll be right, just take some time from it and head back down in a week and re-assess.

Dan

Dan is right. Step away from it for awhile, maybe do one of those house projects, your Wife has been wanting you to do. :) Can't throw in the towel now, regroup and solve it.

Oh yeah, don't talk about the money thing, best to keep that in a dark place!

Good Luck with her,

Thanks guys keeping hold of that towel just really wanted to actually drive it going for a back operation next week and won't be able to drive for at least two weeks. Really wanted the noise of it idling around the block in my head not the death rattle. It's not the destination it's the journey
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409317296.773054.jpg

Haven't had a chance to take pics of drawers but it's a pretty basic setup a small frame screwed into the floor ( I will change that to a full base later). With heavy duty rollers the top doesn't fit properly but I wanted to see how I use the rear I would love to do a set like lucy55s once I work it out I want my compressor hooked up with a switch and noozle you can also buy nine litre air tanks which could be cool and the other side of the drawer a water tank for the dogs and maybe even a fridge drop slide. Any way good news my last piece to the puzzle maybe turned up yesterday my fan pulley for power steering setup. Is it wrong to find it so sexy???View attachment 934227View attachment 934228

Not wrong at all, Pigs are sexy!

Not looking at throwing in the towel just frustrated I've got one rusty old pig on blocks with a rebuilt 2h with only 20 thousand kms on it and a rebuilt body and running gear on the other with the 2f sounding sick. I know it could be worse. Just frustrated

Yeah I've had my little tannie now going down this afternoon to see what we can sort out while I'm out of action for a couple of weeks.

Taking a break is always a good thing.
Beer is also another way to alleviate those frustrating moments. There is this green stuff out there as well that is fantastic for smoothing out those rumples.
Keep it up! Yours is looking good.

Well headed down to matts this morning for the first time since my back op we are going to take the motor out he thinks it has spun a bearing give it a little bit of a freshen up and see how that goes. Looking forward to getting it going the weather is getting nicer and I'm pretty much over being inside

Well strange turn of events. Took the motor out and took the sump off and the number 6 piston was not full stroking so we pulled it out and it looks like a bearing got in there some how. so trying to work out whether to spend the money on a rebuild $800 just for the kit or put that cash to putting my already rebuilt 2h in. Ooh the clutch plate was stuffed as well so now there won't be anything not rebuilt on her.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412843273.207550.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412843318.773129.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412843341.723711.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412843368.957457.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412843388.341761.jpg

Man that sucks....is that the ball bearing I can see in the last pic??
I also had a similar experience where I put in a heap of work to get my old 1F running sweet, ended up having pretty scored cylinder walls so I put a 2H in. Never looked back! A turbo would be nice though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom