FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh crap, it probably is under warranty, or it just ran out..........I'm going with that.

Spent a nice day in the garage with the Toyota..........................my daughter's '07 RAV4. View attachment 914190 View attachment 914191
Pulled the column to replace the electric power steering which is a non serviceable throw away part that costs $1k+ at the dealer (I bought a used one). Problem started as a vague dead spot in the center of the steering while on the highway, progressed to a dead band where it was obvious that there was no power steering in the center. Dealer has consistently called it "normal". If you haven't had the joy of playing with electric power steering, the old days of power steering just being a perk and not necessary to control the car are gone. Anyone who says that a vehicle with electric power steering is controllable with it not working has never attempted the feat. I pulled the fuse to diagnose the problem and was shocked at the force necessary to attempt to turn the wheel. Not to mention the clock spring effect of winding up the P/S unit while doing so.

Just ranting a little, not what I expect from a Toyota.........................I could tell you about the three hours spent removing and replacing the fuse earlier in the week which required complete removal and disassembly of the under hood fuse box.........to......replace.......a.........fuse.

Yikes!! I've had a few conversations with the local parts guy...not looking forward to buying my next car. Don't want to buy a new car/truck, but don't want to buy someone else's problems... choices are becoming limited...

HAY it's Dean!

Good to hear (see) ya :)

Rain rain rain (sorry john :) ) cleaning the house and other things while the family is away in Maine ... Ahhhhhh the bachelor's life lol for a week and a half more :)

This past weekend I saw a cruiser buddy I haven't seen in many years!!! It's great to see cruiser brothers now and then :)

What a great troopie

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Rain rain rain (sorry john :) ) cleaning the house and other things while the family is away in Maine ... Ahhhhhh the bachelor's life lol for a week and a half more :)

Thanks Johnny rub it in. I was hoping for a couple of summers of being a bachelor at the cabin where it does rain almost every day while waiting for my wife to retire. Instead I'm stuck in the house trying to keep cool. I do get out in the morning to mow the lawn and clean the pool. Don't think a twenty one year old cleaning the pool with a speedo but a sixty one year old wearing jean, T shirt and straw hat to keep his bald head from burning.:rolleyes: Even our mini vacation didn't happen because my mom figured it was okay to stand while putting her shoes on. That fall has moved me in a full time care giver.:( Twelve summers of having the cabin and been up for two short weekends since the beginning of April.:bang: I have found a new hobby to try and keep going crazy from Cabin Fever. Instead of being stuck inside the cabin during the winter I'm stuck inside the house during the summer.:crybaby: I sneak out to Good Will and Salvation Army thrift stores buying cheap old audio equipment. I have two very nice wood audio cabinets I bought for dirt cheap. Latest audio find was a Six cassette player. Not CD but cassette. Less than $15 and works perfect. While everybody is going complete digital I'm buying their old equipment. There was a show on IFC yesterday that said that music sales are now 99% digital. I guess I don't go by 'Living in the Past" for nothing.:rolleyes: I have also picked up Toyota CD/cassette single DIN audio for my old cruisers. Everybody else is going digital. The show yesterday also brought up the fact that all these compressed files come with a cost. The high and low ends are being shaved from the music. The average consumer is willing to sacrifice quality for convenience. Besides not having a MP5 or anything like I also don't own a set of those micro ear plugs be rather listen to my music from Mach Ones with 15" woofers.:rolleyes:

PS: I know I seen that troopy before. Does he go my stainless 40/45 or something close? I believe it was him I bought a set of three point seat belts that I didn't open the box for a few years. When I did open they was a Toyoda emblem inside. I felt bad for not opening it sooner but did send a late thank you. I currently have box I had for over four years I've never opened and a few that are newer. Need to put that on my list of things to do.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's too bad about your mother ... I do not look forward to the day when I need to care for my parents... I can't even take care of myself :)

Just last night I copied some cd's onto cassette for listening in the cruiser :)

Yes stainless 40/45 that's him ... Great guy

my towns local and out of control ahole police department is threatening to close the last drive in in the denver metro area citing traffic concerns. oddly, the city has received a tax to improve these roads and directly across the street are a lot of warehouses for the big box stores in nice shiny new buildings. the drive in has been there for almost 40 years. poor planning on the cities part and the intersection that they reference as being an issue is an issue most of the day when the theater isn't even open. this is a piss poor land grab.

there's a petition out to keep the 88 drive in alive. signatures would be appreciated
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/707/2...9630&cid=fb_na

So had a mate visit yesterday in his new 03 landcruiser trayback. didnt go much on the dealership '50th anniversary' sticker though. had to point out i have in my collection a 60, 61 and 62 that were all west australia delivered new!

020.JPG

was falling asleep to the tv last night and there was an american masters episode on dorothea lange, who is known for her great depression and migrant worker photography, but she also traveled overseas and documented a bunch there too. could've sworn i saw 25s in a couple of pics. time would've been right as she was in japan/korea around 58-59

mine all work...they just are sitting off to the side with the batteries pulled. piss poor layout of my house means you even think of cooking on the stove and that sets two of the four off (oh, wait, the one in the guest room is hooked up and working).

One of my favorate homes had a craft festival today... The Bronck House as in the 'Bronx' ... Same family... Been here several times ... Every time I am in awe

I would trade ny truck for it :)

1663 stone portion
1738 Brink portion

image.jpg

It's that time of year, who is going to Fall Gathering and is there a Three on the Tree run in Colorado this year? I was really hoping to make it to Three on the Tree this year with my 70 FJ40 if not a FJ25. But not going to happen.:( My wife always reminds of this saying "If you want to give God a good laugh tell him your plans".:rolleyes: Can't complain compared others life is good. Anyone going on a run post up pictures. :cheers:

I stopped telling God my plans.... His and mine never coincide LOL

I just go with what ever He says .... my plans normally suck anyway :) hense the reason for me not going to FG this year.... again

a major reason is my boys have come down with ahsma all the sudden :( having breathing issues... had to cut our summer fun short because of the fire smoke in the campground ... would love to bring them one time before they dont care anymore... however my youngest boy is a gear head... i know we'll wheel one day... and yes... more heath issues for my family.... but... we are plugging away and making the best of it all ... but... its not the best for my enjoyment LOL

mark my words... we will go to FG one year!

mark my words... we will go to FG one year!

I hope to do the same some time hopefully with a FJ25. For this year will be thankful if the wife and myself get to go to the cabin this weekend. Youngest daughter agreed to take care of mom for the weekend but there is a 50/50 chance she will flake out on us.:meh:

I flaked out on FG first time in a "few" years. Up to Mike to represent the 25's. Maybe drive the 25 tomorrow, back is burning though.....

Gotta google the Bronck house. Everyone has their own plans for me, no sense in making my own.

"Everyone has their own plans for me, no sense in making my own." ...ain't that the truth!!

LOVE that Bronck house Johnny!! Got lost googling images of it...going to to have to see it in person!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom