100 Series & Stock Bumper - Light Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, but sounds like a good idea. Post some pics if you do it.

If all goes well I hope to have it installed tonight. I'll post as soon as I can.

Unfortunately this did not go as planned. That black piece in the center of the bumper looks like it is separate from the rest of the bumper, as if it is an insert that is attached with clips. Well that's not the case. It is molded to the rest of the plastic so removing this, especially the license plate bracket portion, was going to be look less than professional if I proceeded. Now I'm back to contemplating a new bumper (or roof rack, rails, etc, etc)...

Too bad. Recently I contacted TireGate - they make the Defiant line of light bars - and am hoping to see what they can do for a 100 series.

I'd never heard of Tiregate, thanks for sharing. That would be a cool solution if they have something for our trucks. After working with my Dremel a bit today to install 9012 low beam bulbs I was reconsidering taking the black piece out of the grill.

I found a pair of KC Slimlites and have been trying to think of a way to mount them on my stock bumper...... any suggestions would be great

@SmoothLC did you find anything out from Tiregste?

No - they said they're fabricator would call me, but haven't heard anything yet.

I'll give them another call this week. Maybe I missed it.

Unfortunately this did not go as planned. That black piece in the center of the bumper looks like it is separate from the rest of the bumper, as if it is an insert that is attached with clips. Well that's not the case. It is molded to the rest of the plastic so removing this, especially the license plate bracket portion, was going to be look less than professional if I proceeded. Now I'm back to contemplating a new bumper (or roof rack, rails, etc, etc)...

If you do end up going this route or something similar, PM me. I have two LED light bars, Rigid 20 driving pattern and Rigid 28 combo, sitting in my garage. Would love to unload them if someone needs lights for a project... Let me know. Serious output!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom