Little about me and why I'm here! 09 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

from everything I have seen the 200's came with 20's in Europe...
Toyota-Land_Cruiser_2013_photo_01.jpg

Thank you Sir! Any clue on Toyota part number? Same as CoffeeGeeks...I can see the OEM markings on your set.
Thanks,
LR

from everything I have seen the 200's came with 20's in Europe...
And Japan too I think, now is that 20x8? Because por ejemplo, Black Rhino comes in 20x9 which adds to a nice wide track, if you like that. I've been looking at a similar combo.

And Japan too I think, now is that 20x8? Because por ejemplo, Black Rhino comes in 20x9 which adds to a nice wide track, if you like that. I've been looking at a similar combo.

IMO "20s," and big wheels in general are hugely overrated. Smaller wheels allow for larger tires which come with numerous benefits. I couldn't wait to get rid of the 20s when I bought my LX and upgrading to the 17" Rock Warriors is the best mod I have ever made to a vehicle. A big improvement in ride, noise, traction, and strength.

edit:

Not just off road. The upgrade in on-road traction is significant and noticeable, even with a little more body roll. You have significantly larger contact patches with a 285/70 tire / 17" wheel than you do with a 285/50 tire / 20" wheel, more air and sidewall to bear the load, as well as significantly higher strength and deeper tread.

Last edited:
For off road I presume, but some of us, me included, never go off road. That said, anything bigger than 20 is, IMHO too much wheel.

I see from your sig line that you used to also have an 80 series Cruiser...and now a 200. Given that you say you never go off road, what is it that draws you to the Land Cruiser? I've wondered this many times when I see mall cruisers around town...but they aren't on the forum. So...you are the lucky one who gets this Q from me. :;

I see from your sig line that you used to also have an 80 series Cruiser...and now a 200. Given that you say you never go off road, what is it that draws you to the Land Cruiser? I've wondered this many times when I see mall cruisers around town...but they aren't on the forum. So...you are the lucky one who gets this Q from me. :;
I will tell you my take on it. Of all the makes I've owned, Toyota has been among the highest in quality, durability, ergonomics and even design aesthetics. Of those, the ones made in Japan (Tacoma, LC, LX) are tops. I had a Sienna when the kids were smaller, Tacoma 2wd manual got me to work for a long time but my 80 series was by far, absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned, damn the 11mpg and frequent brake jobs. It held it's value well beyond newer cars and stood the test of time. It served as a great family wagon, never once broke down (always did regular mainly course) daily driver, grocery getter, mall cruiser, trips to IKEA, Home Depot, Highway and city miles from TX to CA hauling people and stuff, it does it all without complaining (well a little under powered maybe). I expect the 200 will carry the torch. 8 passenger seating? Check. V8? Check, Air Bags everywhere? check. Visibility over traffic? Check. Center console Refrigerator? Check. Dual sun visors? Check, 110 outlet? Check. Flash flood zone? no problem. I live in the desert but I don't need to go off road to appreciate the LC. Nice to know I could do it if I wanted to tho. ;)

edit:

Not just off road. The upgrade in on-road traction is significant and noticeable, even with a little more body roll. You have significantly larger contact patches with a 285/70 tire / 17" wheel than you do with a 285/50 tire / 20" wheel, more air and sidewall to bear the load, as well as significantly higher strength and deeper tread.

Good points, which is why I'm looking at a 305/50 r20 instead of the 285

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom