Best work boots??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only two boots for me; Twisted X and John Bulls.

If you've had the you'll know why...

Thorogood boots. Made in USA since 1892. The leather is like a baseball glove. No break in time like redwings. Cost less than redwings also. I wear 8" with the wedge sole on concrete floors.

Cajuns,

I wear Thorogood boots, too. You're the first in this thread to mention them. I believe they are a great $150 boot, that is made in the USA.

Surprised no one has mentioned Carolina Boots. I love 'em. The model I prefer lasts about 2.5 years. They run about 250. The sole is what I wear out. The upper is just fine unless I drop something on the toe and split the leather.

For workboots, I've tried

Timberland Pro Wellington - Definitely cheaper than the "high end" brands ($118), but extremely lightweight to have a safety toe in them. Relatively comfortable for reasonable periods of time on your feet. After the 10th hour or so they start to feel not-as-supportive-a bit more like runnign shoes. Really nice up until that point though.

Redwing 2270 Pull ons- company bought these for me. Fairly comfortable. Heavy. Indestructible. Based on reviews, seems like a lot of oil field workers use them. A bit more supportive than the timberland pro, but not quite as cushy. And did I mention heavy. A bit narrow in the toe box for my very wide feet.

Redwing 2274 Pull ons- company bought these for me after the 2270s wore out (several years). Most comfortable so far. Weight between the timberland pro and 2270s (these are composite toe). Roomy toebox. Softened up and broken in nicely after the first complimentary oiling from the redwing dealer. My favorite overall.

I always had good luck with the 8" Red Wing boots, although it looks like they don't come with the more aggressive Vibram soles anymore. 10 years ago I throw down and ordered a custom pair of Viberg's. Best boot I have ever owned...period.

Yes .. I purchased a pair of Viberg Foreman boots 2 years ago now for work around the farm ... they have been pretty good. Not cheap - but they last

Thorogood boots. Made in USA since 1892. The leather is like a baseball glove. No break in time like redwings. Cost less than redwings also. I wear 8" with the wedge sole on concrete floors.

Cajuns,

I wear Thorogood boots, too. You're the first in this thread to mention them. I believe they are a great $150 boot, that is made in the USA.

I like the wedge sole thorogoods, but they dont seem to have, the ones i like, in safety toe.

Still wearing Double H boots , made in Pennsylvania and some of the toughest/nicest leather I've ever seen . I'd say same quality as Danner and other top brands but these will last for a very long time - my last set of steel toe'd Wellington work boots went 7yrs with just monthly oil care and cleaning . Most comfortable boots straight out of the box and their soles seem indestructible . I work construction and also do a lot of fab work and welding - gave them a few scars here and there but they don't blink even when submersed in mud and water constantly not to mention handling walking on 350* asphalt . Model is DH1592 - gel ice work wellington . Also have a pair of their lace-up steel toe work boots - DH9814 and have beat them to death almost 2yrs already - no sign of damage yet .
You'd have to see the quality of their leather in person - more like a very expensive well-built saddle than a boot but still super soft and comfortable .

Btw- there aren't a whole lot of places that stock Double H ,but they do have a printable sizing chart that you tape the 2 pages together and stand on it to read the sizing - the boots will fit as it's the first time I've seen one of these charts work consistently .
Sarge

I have done some research over the last year dealing with folks in the local construction trades and the Keens seemed to be the boot of choice. One even quoted "A framer's dream come true". 3 weeks ago, I bought a pair of Detroit boots;
KEEN Footwear - Men's Detroit Mid (Soft Toe)
Story short, bought these primarily as hikers and wanted to save them for this. At this time, I cant keep my feet out of them because of the comfort, balance, and gripping factor. Absolutely, one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

Been running a pair of Danner Quarry 8" that my wife got me Christmas 2014. Been absolute great so far and seeing as I don't need them on a daily basis they are just now starting to break in. Leather has become nice and supple and the soles look like they are still brand new. Only complaint is they are DAMN HEAVY but that just means they are quality to me.

HAIX Bootstore

You probably never heard of them but Haix are the best safety toe work boots I've ever owned. They also provide a rebuild program that will rebuild your boot when it wears out as well (but i've never had to use it and one pair is 5+ years old). I have two pairs from their forestry line, the protector prime is THE most comfortable safety toe boot I have ever had.

My feet resemble Fred Flintstone's. Short fat and wide. Story of my life! Keen Pittsburgh simulated steel toe boots are the most comfortable and durable boots I have ever worn. Been through three pairs in the last six years. Two disintegrated due to daily petroleum exposure. The third set is seeing less caustic exposure and is holding up great. Literally a hiking boot with "steel toe".

Timberland's didn't last for anything, Danner's were not wide enough for my feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom