12ht Rebuild, just about finished -couple questions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a look at the photo's on my site. http://www.peoplehelp.com.au/landcruiser/power-upgrades/12h-t_power_boost.html

You're going to have to touch that work of art with a sharp instrument :-(

Tim

Hi Tim, decided to put my probe here, it's not critical the temps for me, there is probably about 200kg of all up weight in my sports fibreglass tub, that's seats, bulbar, fuel, etc, wheels are around 32", so there is not much weight for this 12Ht to push, think its going to be a bit of a weapon on the beach.

IMG_1759 Probe.jpg

My 75 had a 2h but it must have Hilux throttle cable to suit the ball connector it is to short I have full rpm at half pedal I have a 60 series cable will install on weekend to see if it works better

I think I have a different problem just with accelerator cable as I gave it a boot full yesterday and the cable un clipped it self while going down the road I have driven trucks with sensitive throttles that's fine but this isn't at the moment it's a pita to pull over and re connect the cable

Hey mate could you please post some pics of that throttle dampner as on my ute when you let off the throttle the engine goes past idle and nearly stall the dampner fixes that problem doesn't it

Thanks mate will help heaps

Hey Chappohj47 or another forum member with a 12HT, can you do me a favour and tell me on the VSV (as shown in the photo). which of the 2 wires (top or bottom wire) is carry the 12 volts and which is earth?

12htvaccumhoses.jpg

The black wire is the ground. I'm pretty sure that is the top one. Super nice rebuild by the way. I haven't ever seen a cruiser engine so clean with attention to detail.

I will look at mine in the morning for you

Top wire is yellow and positive on mine bottom wire is white with black stripe and is negative
image.jpg

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wire it properly, getting to the stage of completion in the next weekend to finished off the rebuild & start the engine.

Ours is the same as Chappo's.

That said, it doesn't matter which polarity it is hooked up with. So long as one wire is grounded, and the other gets switched 12V.

Dan

did you find out what that last bit above was? And how's the build going?

Ya ditto, did you ever get this beauty running? Or is it on display in your house (should be)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom