84 Hilux spare tire crank tool photo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lol Jeez that's crazy. Those things are going to be dry rotted before you wear them out.

I got them cheap. $75 each. Tire shop in skowhegan maine went out of business. A friend worked there.

They are stored indoors in plastic bags. Should be ok

Sounds like you've got the entire market cornered. Did you end up with all BFG ATs or MTs?

ATs, the MTs were gone by then.

Surprised to see that the tires are no longer available on tirerack.com. Last I checked a few months ago they had them there.

Sweet truck, one of my favorite styles! I have a set of those rims that I'm gonna put on our '87 4R.

-Daniel Kent

Looks awesome, the double goofy mirrors ain't my style though hahaha.
Some countries require the mirrors visible through the area swept by the windshield wipers. Nice looking truck.

Well that's no good....

I need another one like I need a hole in the head but..... sure looks awfully clean.

Not to hijack but Im trying to reassemble the truck and Im missing something that holds the ashtray in place....trying to put a picture up. You upload a picture of your ashtray mount?

Last edited:
Here it is

ashtray.jpg

I have one of those. PM me your address I'll drop it in the mail. Do you need screws?

Can you send me a picture of it? I have to have it around it somewhere it was there a month or so again when I took it out...

I might end up getting the part from you later but I'm in the process of moving so no fixed address haha

Looks like this, no problem whenever is good for you is fine with me

20140822_133550_Android.jpg

20140822_133607_Android.jpg

I remember that piece now! The hunt begins.... I'll let you know if I need one post move.

I'm starting to understand the mirror thing on your truck. Mine has power mirror option so that would explain why they moved them to the door, unfortunately I gotta get in there and do some insulating as the vibrate too much on logging roads.

Looking good, is that the 2.5" springs?

Yes. I think the OME springs are all 2.5". It rides sooo much better now compared to the original springs and shackles from 1984.

Yes. I think the OME springs are all 2.5". It rides sooo much better now compared to the original springs and shackles from 1984.

What all did you change in doing it? Was it hard, etc? Thinking of the same thing for our rig. Looks good by the way!

-Daniel Kent

Yes sir, the ride quality is so much better.

Old Man Emu leaf spring replacement on all 4 corners.
(mine has heavy springs front and standard in the rear)
Nitro Charger shocks on all 4 corners.
Plated and Greasable shackles and pins all around.
Extended stainless brake lines at the same time.

I
What all did you change in doing it? Was it hard, etc? Thinking of the same thing for our rig. Looks good by the way!

-Daniel Kent

Thanks. I'm a fan of the 33x9.5 look. Bummed that aren't available any longer.

It's a total piece of cake. I've done OME suspension swaps on an 82 BJ42 and a 1980 HJ45. So I have a little experience and know what to expect and how to plan tools/jacks/stands/etc.

I swapped shocks, springs and shackles and ubolts. (Didn't need the ubolts but wanted them in case I decide to add a leaf in the future.) I also have no rust issues to deal with. (I did decide to cut the front shocks off but that was purely for convenience.) I did the rear end first. The rear took all of 2 hours to swap springs, shackles and shocks. Super easy. But I knew what to expect.

The front wasn't quite as quick. It's possible (likely?) to assemble the non-fixed pin shackles improperly. I did one correctly and one wrong. It wasn't obvious that one was wrong until the truck was off the stands sitting on its own weight. The improperly assembled shackle was resting against the frame.

You can easily do the whole thing in a single day. Well worth the effort compared to a 30 year old suspension. Your mileage may vary. I'm happy. And my wife says it looks like a "real truck" now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom