A couple nice features I didn't realize we had. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, so you'll have to excuse me a little. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my Land Cruiser, and I tend to get a little excited over new features that I didn't know about. I just found out about a couple features yesterday which I didn't know it could do. One is the remote start. How did I miss this? I don't know how much I'd use it, but I know my wife will love it in winter time. Pretty sweet. The other thing I didn't realize is that the front camera automatically comes on when you're in 4 Low. How awesome is that? I know, I know, you guys all know about this stuff, but It's all new to me. :)
Anyone else have any features that you love that you didn't realize Land Cruisers had?

I like the auto start and use it from time to time, but hate the way it turns the car off when ya open the door... The front camera while in 4lo is super cool, people also kick a kick out of it when they ride along offroad! The radar cruiser control was a little surprise for me, but I think they could fine tune it and make the acceleration a bit smoother! The fridge is also something I knew it would come with but didn't think it would work as well as it does, gets the drinks ice cold!!! One other thing that kinda surprised me is the offroad turn assist, I've only used it for real a couple times, but it sure is fun at the ocean to show people how small of a doughnut the rig can do:)

I like the auto start and use it from time to time, but hate the way it turns the car off when ya open the door... The front camera while in 4lo is super cool, people also kick a kick out of it when they ride along offroad! The radar cruiser control was a little surprise for me, but I think they could fine tune it and make the acceleration a bit smoother! The fridge is also something I knew it would come with but didn't think it would work as well as it does, gets the drinks ice cold!!! One other thing that kinda surprised me is the offroad turn assist, I've only used it for real a couple times, but it sure is fun at the ocean to show people how small of a doughnut the rig can do:)

Is the auto start a standard feature or a dealer/distributor add-on?

One other thing that kinda surprised me is the offroad turn assist, I've only used it for real a couple times, but it sure is fun at the ocean to show people how small of a doughnut the rig can do:)

I haven't actually tested this out yet...Obviously by the name it creates a smaller turning circle, but how does it work?

I haven't actually tested this out yet...Obviously by the name it creates a smaller turning circle, but how does it work?

Here's a nice video from Toyota explaining it:

HTH

Well there you go...thanks for the video!

here's my sister inside the doughnut we did at the ocean with turn assist on;)
1263928_10151814263573965_1964181670_o.jpg

That's pretty cool. I haven't tried it yet but I hope too soon.

Do you have to tear off the bumper cover and put a dent in the rear quarter panel to use it? Check out the 1:40 mark in the video.

In Aus we didn't get the auto start function, we got open or close all windows option when you press the remote button and hold.

I wonder if that turn assist will end up chewing into your tyres.

In Aus we didn't get the auto start function, we got open or close all windows option when you press the remote button and hold.

I wonder if that turn assist will end up chewing into your tyres.
I think it depends on what type of terrain you use it in.. I've used it about a dozen times on sand and loose rock, no probs with tires at all... just my 2 cents

I just tested my '08 US-spec LC and windows do all open when I hold the unlock button on the remote. No luck getting them to close in the same manner though. You learn something new everyday! Thanks!

I just tested my '08 US-spec LC and windows do all open when I hold the unlock button on the remote. No luck getting them to close in the same manner though. You learn something new everyday! Thanks!
You can close the windows by using the key from the remote and sticking it into the driver side keyhole and turning key to lock the doors and hold it there until all the windows close.

the key fob functionality is a selectable item and can be enabled by the service technician with the intelitester tool. Same as chime functions.

Does the 2010 LX have remote start? Checking my user manual now....

I'm not able to get the windows to roll down by holding down the unlock button. I wonder if the remote start function trumps the roll down feature some how.

On my 08LC, the remote start is 3 presses on the lock button, 3rd time holding it down until she starts. Found the window roll down function accidentally, just hit unlock a few times in a row and if holding it down on the 2nd or 3rd press, the windows all start opening ( including the sun roof ), and continue to open until i take my finger off the unlock button.

I used to love this feature on the '02 4runner I had; really came in handy during those hot days where my rig sat for long periods of time in the sun. Glad they kept this around on the 2hundo.
This is a great thread.

You can close the windows by using the key from the remote and sticking it into the driver side keyhole and turning key to lock the doors and hold it there until all the windows close.
You don't have to use the key, just press and hold the lock button on the door ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom