Tires, yet again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know, I know, but hear me out. Bought an '11 last weekend and tires need to be replaced. Like the Toyo AT2s, but can't seem to find any in Dallas area.

Any other Dallas owners out there who managed to find a shop that deals these? Or, would you rather have dealer order and install them?

Also, what is best size that fit on stock wheels?

I got mine through discount tire here in CO. They are not authorized dealer but can still get from their distributer. Also they matched best price I could find online.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Good deal. What size are you running? What size fits best on factory wheels and no lift?

You can try LT275/70R18 (33.2 diameter) or LT285/65R18 (32.6" diameter). Not quite sure about 33.2" without lift. Others may chime in and provide their feedback. I am still running stock P285/60R18. I would prefer to go with 33.2" when the time comes to replace them.

I have trd wheels so LT 285-70-17

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

P275/65R18 on stock wheels .... 32.2" tall IIRC

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

I've been running 275/65R18 on stock wheels.

Discount Tire in Grapevine and Roanoke (DFW area) had several to choose from.

I just switched to 275/70/18 Revo 2's and have absolutely no rubbing. Long story short, I originally got the Duratracs, but I ended up taking them off because they had a high pitched whine that I couldn't stand (Sorry Kreiten, I know you're a fan of the Duratracs). The Duratracs looked great and there was no rubbing from them either, but I just couldn't get over the noise. I know a lot of you love them, but maybe I just got a bad set.
Anyway, my point is, go with the 275/65/18's if you want more of a stock ride, or 275/70/18's if you want a bigger tire (and I think looks a lot better), but neither of them will rub.

Yeah, I'll try to get some good ones this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom