Help Please: 95 Land Cruiser power seat problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife's 95 Land Cruiser has power seats. The drivers side seat works in all directions Except to move it rearward. It has now gotten to the point that it's practically impossible to drive because of this and the repair shop has quoted $900 to fix it. I think that price a bit excessive and have started to look for other options. If someone out there has dealt with this issue I'd love to hear what you have to say. Also, if anyone can point me to a thread that deals with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks all. Cheers.

I don't have the brain power to find the links off the top of my head right now, but try a google search for fzj80 power seat control, also google fzj80 power seat stripped gears, fzj80 power seat stuck, etc. also, look up gamiviti.com, I think for the replacement plastic caps and gears you may need.

This is a common issue for 80 series TLC's, and it's often a pretty simple fix. The usual parts for this problem are going to run you @ $10-$40 and an hour or so of your time.

Take it to bits and the problem is likely obvious , a broken wire or a cog with broken teeth . Wires can be fixed with a bit of tape and a cog direct from Toyota will likely cost only slightly more than a christmas card . If your not confident at this sort of thing just take photos each step of the way to guide you when putting it back together .

power seats lockup

My wife's 95 Land Cruiser has power seats. The drivers side seat works in all directions Except to move it rearward. It has now gotten to the point that it's practically impossible to drive because of this and the repair shop has quoted $900 to fix it. I think that price a bit excessive and have started to look for other options. If someone out there has dealt with this issue I'd love to hear what you have to say. Also, if anyone can point me to a thread that deals with this I'd appreciate it. Thanks all. Cheers.

hi murphy

i came accross similar problem

this usually results due to imbalanced movement of the seat
sometime while operating the seat backn forth slightly more pressure is put on one side

if it locks up like this

u need to loosen all the four mounting bolts of the seat that fasten the seats to chasis

then try to operate the seat
i am sure if the bolts are just hand tight or even more loose
the seat can move
alongwith the stuck up seat rail

when the seat is in the required position simply tighten the seat bolts with good torque wrench

also use some sort of white grease to lubricate the sear rack below to avoid excessive friction and overheating of the motor

I have the same problem except with the passenger seat. The little motor has died in mine. Their are two motors on one chair and if one dies, it will be VERY expensive to replace. I own a Toyota dealership down in Dallas, so i have many connections. But those motors run around $800 to around $1,200 depending on the model.

Hope this helps you out a little with your problem.
Zachary Schwartz

Look Above ^^^^^^^ Gamiviti will get it fixed not a crazy easy fix it takes some knowledge but the people here will help you

Hi guys
I'm hopefully getting this issue resolved in my car too
Can someone explain how to get the gamviti worm gear onto the gear rod?

image.jpeg

Does anyone know what the part number is for just the plastic end cap? I'm missing one and have looked at a bunch of diagrams but have come up with nothing. I can order on Gamviti, which I may end up doing if I can't get it from my Toyota Parts guy.... I just like to save all my receipts and record all of my parts that I have replaced. Thanks.

Reactions: caz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom