Headliner alternatives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back working on a stale 55 project. Have finished lower rust near rear wheels. Started looking at the pillars and window openings and believe that headliner might be covering and/or causing rust.
So out it comes
Has anybody come up with good alternatives? Not worried about being OEM. Rather have something not easily torn . Maybe cygnus white rhinoliner.
How much louder will it be without the felt insulation?

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406835243.392003.jpg

JM599,

Check out my build, in my sig. I used several products to sound deaden, control the heat and finally sprayed on tinted Monstaliner.

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

I agree with you, the headliner surely is at least partially responsible of rust, so personally I woulld not go without headliner but I am thinking to a solution to have good ventilation there. perhaps computers fan extractors working when the car is parked with an external power source (home)..
To think..

Scrapdaddy, u removed the supports, I was thinking same,
Does the top "oilcan" at all?

It will, I'm sure. Mine is still at the paint shop, when it gets back, I'll install five roof supports that I'm making. 1 1/2 " square tubing, bent to roof contour. They will all be connected to each other, down the middle.

Yes, some exposed supports would be good place to put dome light and what ever

Down the sides of the roof, might also be good place to place a storage panel for some items, i was thinking

Your rig on the rotisserrie, wow

For me personally, never liked a headliner. I poked holes in my old one too much. I think this will work out good and like you said, a nice place to customize to fit your needs.

Scrapdaddy,
Nice idea adding the ribs and sternum.
I have seen pics of gentle rolls on mud (FJBen?)
Where the roofline midway between A pillars collapsed to the dash.
I was even considering a roof rack, with connectors following the A pillars to the tops of the cowl similar to the defender.
Going over would be bad, but going over without some protection...?
I really like a roof rack , I can walk and work off of, like moveable scaffolding. But usually only put lightweight paddleboards or rafts on them, realizing the top heavy is bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom