What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

have my sliders and Slee rear bumper mounted

I've been meaning to do this quite a long while. This morning when I was by Walmart. Decided to buy a box of 10 fuses each amp. Then took out all fuses and replaced with new fuses.

Interesting enough. Those inside the box in the engine bay were clean whereas the fuses coming from the box under the driver side were more corroded.

View attachment 923492

Just curious - why would you replace all the fuses if you weren't having any issues?

This week I FINALLY had my system installed I have been collecting things here and there! Unfortunately I did not get pics of the full install but got the aftermath and the great fab work to get my sub installed! These are the specs! Lx470 Sound System
Pioneer 8000NEX (Head Unit)
Alpine PDX-V9 (Amp)
Alpine SWR-T10 (Sub)
Alpine SPR-60C (Front Speakers) made the tweeters fit in the factory spots!
Alpine SPR-60 (Rear Speakers)
Accessories
SiriusXM SXV-200v1
Pioneer CD-IH202
PioneerCD-MU200
Pioneer CD-IU52
Pioneer ND-BC6
Apple Lightning to AV adapter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406756963.624535.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406756993.789751.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406757051.876205.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406757069.660927.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406757087.579328.jpg

I am pretty damn happy to say the least! It sounds great and that sub is a great install looks very clean to me and simi factory (if it was a scion) lol

Today I just Plastidipped the front grille, rear emblems, took off the V8 emblem and Friday I got to do the heater hose tee's that are sitting on my microwave

Just bought mine! 1998 LC, with sunroof, winch and manual transmission. Couldn't be happier. It had 375K Kms, with a friend of mine who just bought a Lexus 5700.

Today I just Plastidipped the front grille, rear emblems, took off the V8 emblem and Friday I got to do the heater hose tee's that are sitting on my microwave
Sweet! Can we get a pic or two? Also can you explain how you went about dipping the hatch area? I've been putting this off for no good reason other than hesitation.

Sweet! Can we get a pic or two? Also can you explain how you went about dipping the hatch area? I've been putting this off for no good reason other than hesitation.

Well first used a unused junk plastic credit type card to easily take off the V8 badge and then Goo Gone to get it all cleaned up.
I kept the Toyota and Land Cruiser badges on the car and taped them off in a square type pattern around them like the Youtube videos show.

Apply the black (or whatever color) plastidip in a first wet layer, dry 30 minutes, apply another coat, etc. I did 3 total coats.
Pull the tape off and then peel the rest away from the letters after its dried a hour or two. The small pieces inside the letters is a little harder you have to use a toothpick or small plastic pick to get those little bits out.

The front grille I just took it off the car and painted with 3 coats of the black and it looks pretty good.

Will post pics after I get home today

Just curious - why would you replace all the fuses if you weren't having any issues?
I would ask the same questions...fuses don't wear out as long as amperage flowing through them is normal. :confused:

Well first used a unused junk plastic credit type card to easily take off the V8 badge and then Goo Gone to get it all cleaned up.
I kept the Toyota and Land Cruiser badges on the car and taped them off in a square type pattern around them like the Youtube videos show.

Apply the black (or whatever color) plastidip in a first wet layer, dry 30 minutes, apply another coat, etc. I did 3 total coats.
Pull the tape off and then peel the rest away from the letters after its dried a hour or two. The small pieces inside the letters is a little harder you have to use a toothpick or small plastic pick to get those little bits out.

The front grille I just took it off the car and painted with 3 coats of the black and it looks pretty good.

Will post pics after I get home today
Awesome thanks. I've just been scared to do the masking around the emblems... sounds fool-proof, so I'm not sure why I'm waiting...
I did my front grille the same way, came out great for me as well and it's holding up nicely after a few carwashes and a couple months' time. Why did you decide to take off the V8 badge?

Awesome thanks. I've just been scared to do the masking around the emblems... sounds fool-proof, so I'm not sure why I'm waiting...
I did my front grille the same way, came out great for me as well and it's holding up nicely after a few carwashes and a couple months' time. Why did you decide to take off the V8 badge?

Cleaner look with just "Toyota Land Cruiser" on there, personal preference :)

Gotcha, now that I think about it I suppose it is pretty on it's own over there...

I figure it makes people think you could have anything... a blown V8, V12, W12 :steer:

Here is my amateur plastidip photos hah

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406843434.887339.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406843454.488572.jpg

super90! Long time no see. Hope you're doing well. Shooting any ducks? ;)

I put the powerstop rotors/pads on my 80 and liked them a lot.

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom