Ultimate insult (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
Couple if teenagers at Dunkin Donuts, "that's a bad ass Highlander."
As much as I hate the bling of an LX570 it does not resemble a highlander or and RX350. I think the 2013+ did a good job of differentiating itself.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1402094945.778492.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1402094909.962995.jpg

Are land cruisers that uncommon in the US, we've got the fortuner here in place of the highlander but you can clearly tell the difference.
Over here you're always going to find a cruiser on the road.. or two... or three
fisrt pic: (2) 100 series a 40 and my 200
Second pic: LX to the left, my 200 and another in front and at the traffic lights you can see a 100

20140202_105636.jpg

20140422_124505(0).jpg

As much as I hate the bling of an LX570 it does not resemble a highlander or and RX350. I think the 2013+ did a good job of differentiating itself.
View attachment 904882

Ouch.

...via IH8MUD app

Are land cruisers that uncommon in the US, we've got the fortuner here in place of the highlander but you can clearly tell the difference.
Over here you're always going to find a cruiser on the road.. or two... or three
Second pic: LX to the left, my 200 and another in front and at the traffic lights you can see a 100

The US has very few LX/LC's in the 200 flavor.

The GCC and the Australian markets are the largest Land Cruiser markets in the world. Toyota literally makes these vehicles for those two markets.

Of course, you also have the NGO/Humanitarian/Govt/Military markets which is a bit smaller but still a huge money maker for Toyota.

It does look *somewhat* like a Highlander you have to admit. Still looks good though.

Ignore teenagers, I know I do.:bang:

...via IH8MUD app

Why do you reference the LX when you have a photo of the LC ? Are you saying the LC DOES too closely resemble the Highlander whereas the LX stands out more clearly ?

Try comparing a new Range Rover vs a Ford Explorer from 50 ft. There isn't much differentiating the RR's 3x price.

Commiserations, but someone (in Australia) also asked if my vehicle was a Kluger (which is the Highlander stateside). I said "yes", but just a bigger version. ;)
She was not a car person, so it didn't really matter to her.

That is no BRZ. :clap:

That is a 458 Italia.

Perhaps that was another "ultimate insult". Great looking pair of vehicles nonetheless.

Doh! I get it!!!!

Even though the Cruiser is getting softer looking with age, I think it's more accurate to say that the Highlander is looking more and more like a Land Cruiser.

I went was in a different state (RI) to visit family and decided to have a routine maintenance done in a local dealership while I was there. Even though the dealership was huge all the service employees hovered around my 200 to get a look. The service manager said they've only had one 200 on the lot awhile ago and this is the first one to come in for service. Apparently the locals were more interested in the Sequoias than Cruisers.

I see the Lexus on the streets of NY from time to time but not the LC.

~ Carl

Its to bad Toyota does not try and push the LC brand in the states.

At $70,000+ they are FAR beyond the average SUV owners budget.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most brainologist will tell you that a teenagers brain is only partially developed which explains why many of them drive Jeeps and make stupid comments.

At $70,000+ they are FAR beyond the average SUV owners budget.
It's not the cost holding back LC sales. MB sells more than 25,000 GLs/year and, on average, they cost more than the LC's 80k pricetag.

I think it's the status. Many Americans want the bragging rights, MB, Lexus, BMW etc. I think an $80k Toyota is a tough sell here. ...that being said I LOVE my $80k Toyota!!!

It's not the cost holding back LC sales. MB sells more than 25,000 GLs/year and, on average, they cost more than the LC's 80k pricetag.

So many comments:
The BRZ in the garage, yeah the owner is crying. That is the ultimate insult. It's a 458 and the owner freaked out that it got wet in the rain. I couldn't help but the laugh.
I do think the LX 570 sets itself apart from the Land Cruiser and Highlander but in a Blingy/Escalade way. At $95,000 I don't think it's worth $15000 over the LC and we did consider it. I like to wear different shoes so I have different wheels and tires. Also help that my brother in law is in the business.

I still love the understated look of the LC but I hope the next gen is sharper. Neighbors and employees don't know what it's worth which is a good thing.

With regards to the GL, we have the 14 GL350, diesel. It's a fantastic "truck" but it's not by any means an off road vehicle. It's more or a wagon than a truck. It's the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven on a highway and gets 28-30 mpg on trips. They could not be more different but I love them for different reasons.

I actually don't think a Range Rover looks like a Ford Explorer.

Funny for this started out as a Highlander Insult. No offense to highlander owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom