Baby Steps II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
CURRENT 8-01-14

Bought this truck stock on the 23rd of Jan. Been tinkering with it since. I have papers from Original owner till PO.

1998 Toyota Limited 4runner
Automatic

Engine
3.4 V6 stock
Deckplate mod
Headers stock
Exhaust Tundra (don't ask why)
Big 3 wire mod 7-23-14
New Alt 7-23-14
TEK Oil Cap

Suspension
F coils TRD TUNDRA 06
R coils LX450 8 wraps
F struts BILSTEIN 5100 TUNDRA
R shocks OME LANDCRUISER
F ADDCO swaybar
R ADDCO swaybar
95 4runner rear swaybar arms
Polyurethane bushings
Toytec adjustable panhard bar

Exterior
01-04 Tacoma front clip conversion
KENSUN 6000K xenon HIDs
Hyper white bulbs
Led marker bulbs
01 Taillamps
HELLA fog lights
Tundra big brake job 13 WL
02 LEXUS ES300 black chrome badges
HDJ81 OEM amber sidemarkers

Interior
CLARION DVD/CD headunit
Chameleon 7" DVD Headrests
F speakers MB Quart 6.5 separates
R stock
F amp Precision Power 4cha
R sub amp Rockford Fosgate
R sub 12"DVC
02 LEXUS ES300 steering wheel/bag
02 LEXUS ES300 head/fog light stalk
99 upper roof console
04 Tacoma shifter console
99 ebrake center console
99 rear hatch plastics
96 sidekick rear bench for 3rd row
BLUESEAS 6 fuse block
BLUESEAS Dual USB chargers front/rear

This is the day I brought it home.

Last edited:
Here's some shots of the Taco conversion. All parts, but 2 are genuine Toyota. Only the clear corners and black grille is aftermarket.

That is a nice rig. Did you do all those mods or just the front end work? The Tacoma front-end definitely makes the 3rd gens stand out. Is that the 4runner bumper on there? I got a buddy that banged up his and I have wondered if my old one would fit his Taco.

That is a nice rig. Did you do all those mods or just the front end work? The Tacoma front-end definitely makes the 3rd gens stand out. Is that the 4runner bumper on there? I got a buddy that banged up his and I have wondered if my old one would fit his Taco.
1st Thanks.
2nd yes all the mods were done by me except the ADDCO swaybars were done by the PO.
3rd the bumper is a 98 and you can put the 01-04 Taco bumper as well. You just have to find a way to make the e.g. brackets fit the fenders and rear of front bumper

How do you like the tundra front setup? I been thinking about upgrading to them when the time comes.

When I got the truck, the brakes were bad already. Read about the big brakes upgrade and jumped on it. Brakes work great now and stops on a dime. Had a few times I had to stop very instant because of stupid drivers. Best upgrade besides the lift.

I should have been more specific, I actually meant the tundra coils and 5100s? I agree with the brake setup. I did that upgrade myself not too long ago. I just went back and installed some new caliper bolts and blue loctite earlier this week after I had one of mone come out a few weeks ago. Luckily it was a lower bolt otherwise it could have been catastrophic.

Love the LX wheels. What size tires are you running?

I should have been more specific, I actually meant the tundra coils and 5100s? I agree with the brake setup. I did that upgrade myself not too long ago. I just went back and installed some new caliper bolts and blue loctite earlier this week after I had one of mone come out a few weeks ago. Luckily it was a lower bolt otherwise it could have been catastrophic.

Love the LX wheels. What size tires are you running?
Sorry, the whole front is TUNDRA! lol. Yah the coils/struts are way better than the P/O put on and the tires are 265/70R16 A/T. Have some TOYO M/Ts in the same size waiting for the others to get bald. Got it for free so I can't complain.

Got me some Genuine Lexus hubcaps(3). Traded with @ScottDavis another mud member. Painted them 2nights ago and put them on yesterday. Now I just need 1 more cap.
uploadfromtaptalk1405350285855.jpg

Installed HIDs that was given to me free 3 nights ago and installed it that day. Damn these are bright. Kensun is the brand and they don't even use relays.
uploadfromtaptalk1405350596977.jpg

Painted my front bumper black. Going to black out the whole truck soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406828726.982719.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406828771.068059.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406828791.126289.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406829019.045186.jpg

Last edited:
Installed my side markers that I had from my HDJ81 Landcruiser

uploadfromtaptalk1407086686286.jpg

Painted my LX450 rims charcoal grey.

uploadfromtaptalk1416591902650.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Installed my M/Ts