1991 HZJ77 are they reliable? can you run veggie oil in it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what do these jdm import cost these days? I really like the body style and would be a great substitute over that of my bj60.

HZJ77 reliability is terrible, buy the super reliable LJ78 instead... :poof:

There's one in NZ ,280klms, looks in great shape, lockers, auto, just asking $13500NZD, Great value, but it's 90 model that rules oz out for import,
These Hzj77 models would be my choice if I could get one in oz ,
Original Old school not a Vdj76, ......??? Yeah would like of one them too:steer:

Now did you say that with a straight face?
image.jpg

rustybucket, I was just kidding when I wrote this. HZJ77 is a better truck due to the far more reliable 1HZ 4.2l engine. Definitely hunt for the HZJ77, they are really nice rigs.

Things to consider though: They are very desirable and rare, thus generally really expensive. Also, I think the only thing people consider unreliable about them are the electric front hubs. These are easy to change out for manual though.

There is a guy in BC with the handle ForealBoreal, who owns one of these and has done a lot of improvements to it. He is definitely the guy you want to talk to about the details of obtaining one of these.

Here is an HZJ77 for sale in Alberta. Not sure if the seller is legitimate though (edit, looks like it just sold)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...er/1006324025?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_20.JPG

Last edited:
HZJ77s are awesome. Why wouldn't you want one? Cost depends on conditions and options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom