Builds 1987 BJ73 Build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front Rally bumper

IMG_8473.JPG

Rear R1 bumper, gas can holder and Hi lift - shovel/ax mount also can be seen here. We build a hitch that is tight together with the bumper to the frame of the BJ73 making everything stronger.

IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8476.JPG

Quick light fix since we remove the lights that came with the original bumper

IMG_8482.JPG
IMG_8486.JPG

Nice work guys, just a question in relation to you Bedliner around the arches, ?
When applied the Bedliner did you clean inside of the arch lip and spray and apply on the inside of the arch lip as well, or is just applied to the outside.?

Nice setup going there. Guess I need to take a run down to the other side of the state and see it in person. Would be very interested in the cage since I have the soft top on almost all of the time.

I apologize if this should be obvious from your pictures, but I'm curious what lift was used in order to clear those 35s? It doesn't look like you did much trimming either?

I love the design of your front bumper :D
The black bedliner makes your rig looks taller

Nice work guys, just a question in relation to you Bedliner around the arches, ?
When applied the Bedliner did you clean inside of the arch lip and spray and apply on the inside of the arch lip as well, or is just applied to the outside.?
We only applied the bedliner to the outside of the arches, the inside was already painted, the only thing we did before painting was sand the paint sufficiently for the bedliner to adhere to.

Great truck, excellent build. Sooooo happy to see 7X rigs starting to show up in numbers. It will be good to have more of us on the ground in USA.

So what product did you use for the bedliner?

Looks good, guys! Wish you all the luck with the new business. My Proline stuff is still going strong after 8000 miles through South America! Now in Lima, Peru.

I just want to say that your rig looks awesome. I am about to ask a few questions and i don't want to seem like i am being critical of your products they look very nice. I am just in the market for some similar items so please just consider this research not criticism. Is the rear bumper only attached by the 4 bolts in the middle or are there other places that it attaches to the frame? Does that tool carrier that you added just bolt on addition to the stock spare tire carrier? Is there additional in door supports? If not aren't you worried about all that extra weight (big ol spare,pick axe,shovel and high lift) destroying your door with out any added support? I would think one high speed pass on a washboard road would be the end of that door if that is the case.

Hi, no problem at all, critics are good so we can improve our products. The rear bumper is hold in place by the 4 center bolts and also 3 bolts at each side of the frame. The tool carrier is bolted to the stock spare tire carrier, but this was done as a provisional holder, we are currently fabricating the spare tire carrier swing out that also is attached to the rear door, is going to open with the door.

We have been pretty busy at the shop and i didn't have the time to post some of the new mods done to the BJ73, we change the suspension and put the spring over the axles to get more travel, upgrade the stock steering links for a heavy duty high steering and also installed a rear traction bar, the suspension is not fully done yet, this was done quick to get the BJ ready for a wheeling trip.
IMG_5429_zpse82e9b4a.jpg

IMG_5428_zps61a6e961.jpg

IMG_5427_zpsf78e5428.jpg

IMG_5431_zps0d664964.jpg

At the same time we installed front and rear ARB lockers and mounted the air compressor to the roll cage
IMG_5430_zpsdde100c4.jpg

And to get a little more power from the engine we installed a turbo kit from Jefferson State Machining with the Boost Gauge and Pyrometer from Autometer
IMG_5425_zps142ca64e.jpg

IMG_5433_zps7e282495.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom