Gauging interest on PUMA air compressor 80 series mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im in both sides

Phil, if you do a driver side platform, can I still ratchet my tire in? Any chance of incorporating a tire carrier too? I'm still in for the puma mount

Phil, if you do a driver side platform, can I still ratchet my tire in? Any chance of incorporating a tire carrier too? I'm still in for the puma mount

PUMA mount will not interfere when racketing your spare upright position, tight to the fender well, or with a future tire carrier by us or others.

Interested in passenger side one for now with the potential for driver side to replace the existing setup. Thinking of moving the spare tire to back under the truck

As far as gauging interest in mounts goes ... count me in. I am thinking one of each would be nice

Phil, would the mount clear the drawers minus the wings? In other words is the entire mount entirely over the wheel well as to not interfere with the full width of drawers?

Phil, would the mount clear the drawers minus the wings? In other words is the entire mount entirely over the wheel well as to not interfere with the full width of drawers?

Yes, It is designed to clear anything tight to the wheel well along with the 2nd row seats.
For a visual it will fit and clear with the tire mounted as pictured.

IMG_7708.JPG

Ok perfect. Although it's not my ideal location (I would prefer under the truck) I think it could work for the interim. PS for me.

I ordered a Puma compressor from http://www.buzzardgulch.com the other day. FYI, it's on page 99 of the catalog. The displayed price was $259 but when I added it to my cart it was $229. I called and spoke to a woman there and she said it must be on sale so I completed the order. With shipping the total was $241. She did mention they were back ordered but she hoped they would get some from their supplier in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush so I'm willing to wait.. The only other option I saw are the ones for sale on ebay. They were $250 something a few weeks ago, but now they are listed as $299 with free shipping. The plus is they seem to have them in stock and you would probably get it faster.

Oh, and PS for me please.

I ordered a Puma compressor from http://www.buzzardgulch.com the other day. FYI, it's on page 99 of the catalog. The displayed price was $259 but when I added it to my cart it was $229. I called and spoke to a woman there and she said it must be on sale so I completed the order. With shipping the total was $241. She did mention they were back ordered but she hoped they would get some from their supplier in the next few weeks. I'm in no rush so I'm willing to wait.. The only other option I saw are the ones for sale on ebay. They were $250 something a few weeks ago, but now they are listed as $299 with free shipping. The plus is they seem to have them in stock and you would probably get it faster.

Oh, and PS for me please.

I just ordered one... paid with paypal... $259.95 at checkout. Looks like you got a discount :)

I just ordered one... paid with paypal... $259.95 at checkout. Looks like you got a discount :)

FYI, I just received mine today from UPS. They have them in stock.

I found mine for $227 on eBay. The seller is Compressor-Source. Just for those still shopping...

I found mine for $227 on eBay. The seller is Compressor-Source. Just for those still shopping...

Nice price. The same seller had them listed at $299 just the other day.

Mine arrived from buzzard gulch today. I thought it would be a few weeks or more from the time I ordered so I was definitely surprised to see it sitting on my porch. The air filter canister was bent just a bit during shipping, but it will still serve its function. Not gonna worry about replacing it.

Now I just need a mount.

Initially I thought it might work but I am gonna say no because it seems like stability will be a problem

Our completion on the mounts have been push back a little. I needed to deal with a couple of short stays at the hospital for family members. Everyone is out and back home in good shape and progress will resume shortly.

What are the pros/cons , if any, to mounting on passenger side vs. drivers side?
Is one side better than the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom