'65 FJ45 lpb Just Listed for Sale Very Nice! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
Well, Here i go with listing my lpb. If you are seeing this add and haven't seen my recent thread on the IH8MUD fj45 site, then please look at that for pictures. I's called 'hate to do it'. This should link you to another earlier thread from when I did the resto in 2008 entitled 'Late Thursday or early Friday'. Another old thread of mine about this truck on the larger 40 series forum was called 'The first cut is the deepest'. I can take more photos for anyone that wants a detail shot of a particular area. Right now the truck is in a dark shed and it's pretty much snowed in, so it might be a day or two. Also, I haven't prepared or detailed the truck for showing so it's kind of dusty dirty right now. That can be changed in a couple hours but right now it's been snowing steady for 2 days here. Here are the details:

Bought this truck from Show Low Arizona where it sat for 26 years behind a shed. I did a major restoration in 2008 and have only driven it three or four thousand miles since. 1980 2f and '76 4 spd and transfer. The 2f is a toyota factory replacement engine with 23,000 well researched miles on it. I bought the donor fj40 from the original owners and know them well. New 33 950 33's on steelies and stock hubcaps. New brakes including all new Wheel cylinders, master, hoses etc. Interior not quite completed, but have everything like new factory toyota weatherstrip for doors, and the seat has been re-done in gray naugahyde. All the gauges are stock and they all work. The truck currently has no heater, but I got the blower unit installed under the hood. Wiper motors are in a box, as I never drive it in the rain. Price? 21,000.00 which is considerably below some of the feedback I got online or over the phone. Thanks for looking Gary 360 376 2449 or email mtpickett@rockisland.com.

new cannon 021.jpg

new cannon 022.jpg

new cannon 023.jpg

toro and toyotas 041.jpg

toro and toyotas 043.jpg

Good luck on the sale, Gary. I'm sorry to see you selling it after wanting to get another one for so long. I guess this one is being sold on your terms, though, so that makes it easier. If I could in any way justify having another Land Cruiser, I would snap this one up.

Todd.

Looks like it sold in 3 hours. Sheesh! I'm gonna have a nitecap and go to bed. And have a good cry. :crybaby: I'll be ok in the morning.

Selling that fast does not surprise me. Original FJ45 LPB is pretty rare. Also, I hope you do not regret the sale as with my FJ40 so many people come up to me and say, "I really regret selling mine when I had it". It is/was a very nice truck.

Of course that will happen! I have dealt with it before. I'm still ok the morning after. Hey, I've got an empty shed space and a tilt trailer! :)

Nice 45, very fairly priced. Don't know to congratulate you or offer my condolences. Anyway, looks like you have plenty of other projects.

Mike

Both please. And don't think you've seen the last of me and 45s.....

Last edited:
A complete FRAME OFF RESTORATION....with no pictures of a beautifully restored chassis and running gear? Sad that people think they can make that kind of money by painting a truck? Same thing happened with my green truck,a little paint work and they want 30k more than I sold it for? And they claimed it was a 75k restoration? At the end of the day these trucks dont sell for anything near asking price,but there are some who have more money than sense I guess! For that kind of money it better have a headache rack,correct tail lights,correct hub caps,etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom