please help identify! ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any idea?

Thanks.

1406513216477.jpg

Looks like a 3VZ V6 engine? What year? Wire colors?

Yea 3vze, 1990 model. It's appears to be gray. Here's another crap picture, maybe it can confuse the situation even more. Lol

1406513185405.jpg

Yes sir. That's actual my next issue I need to tackle was the knock sensor and I was hoping that it was just a disconnected wire so if that's all it is that would be great. Lol. Only problem is I don't see any other wires unconnected.

That wire appears to be wrapped up in a wiring harness. If it is infact the KS wire I bet the other end is under the upper plenum. Lol

That was gonna be my guess too, but I haven't had a 3VZ in front of me for several years. There is a TSB on the harness for the knock sensor, you should call your dealer and see if they can do something for you. I believe since it's part of the emissions system they never expire. Yes, the plenum has to come off to get to it, since the sensor is down in the center of the engine under the intake.

Technical or Toyota Service Bulletin (something like that). It's one step below a recall. They generally only fix stuff on TSBs when they fail. The head gaskets on these engines was also a TSB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom