No oil pressure, can't find the cause (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One morning about a month ago I started our '95 Landruiser on a cold winter morning and the oil pressure gauge didn't budge. I shut it off immediately and checked the obvious sender wires with no results, so I had it towed down to our local Toyota mechanic. Here's my recollection of what he's done so far:
- plugged a mechanical gauge into a port on the oil cooler to verify no oil pressure
- put a new filter on and run the engine for a few seconds to verify no oil pressure
- grounded sender wire to block to verify needle/electrical to gauge worked
- took off rear oil pan to check pickup tube
- checked pressure relief valves
- took oil pump apart looking for a failed part
- took oil cooler off looking for a plugged line
- blew air thru as many of the lines/galleys as he can reach, and they all seem clear

So now he's got a lot of labor into the job, and hasn't found a cause for no oil pressure. He's baffled, and we're frustrated after several weeks without the car.

Do we have him re-assemble the motor and hope whatever caused the no oil pressure condition has been fixed? Do we cut our losses and look for a used engine? Is there anything else he can check at this point?

This Landy is in excellent condition, 160,000 miles, and came from California so it hasn't seen more than a few Maine winters in its life. We'd like to keep her for several more years.

Thanks,

Jim
Maine

Wow I feel lucky. We lost our gauge more than a week ago and I called Safari Ltd in Grand Junction immediately. He said that if there was plenty of oil and it ran fine then it was probably an electrical thing. I grounded the gauge and the needle didn't move, so I got off easy? (the dash probably needs to come off to fix it). What kind of LC?

my gauge stopped working 4 years ago. been rolling ever since. but im an animal when it comes to my 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom