What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all,

I posted an article on Overland Bound about my recent trip to Usal Beach north of Fort Bragg, CA. Lots of pictures! Check it out:

http://overlandbound.com/review/overland-trip-usal-beach/

005.png

^^^^^^Beautiful!!! Where is that?

Where's that at? Also, is that an American or Pit in your avatar (looks like a Johnson American)?
Just a little play area west of Wichita Falls. The dog was an American Pit that a buddy had. Died a few years ago of old age. Best dog I've ever known.

Tried to finally exercise the 80, made it up to Bear Mountain and it was running sluggish. Determined that I blew HG :) Super fun. Had it towed home and have commenced to taking it apart yesterday. Need to find a shop to bring the head to. Great weekend otherwise,

finally dug out sunroof drains after getting a free personal shower at the drive-through car wash the other day. started the vinyl tube fix but ran out of time. after flushing them they were draining fine so going to wait on the tubes.

now I'm getting a 0120 code but I think it is a problem with the CEL, need to diagnose - probably this weekend!

Pulled out a Ford Explorer from some West side Yok's sand!!!!

Road trip: Tucson north through Utah to Bozeman, back through Colorado (Rocky Mountain Park in the picture) and NM. About 5k miles - averaged about 14mpg (high of 16, low of 11mpg)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406579590.995096.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406579603.018022.jpg
.... Some sloooooow going up the hills in CO

Towed a 6X12 Uhaul trailer to Immokalee Florida for a mission trip, fully loaded, it was all I could do to go 40 up the steep Skyway Bridge. Averaged 60 on the interstate. Once it was unloaded, I averaged 65 with no issues. I don't see me towing much in the future.

I need to just take the hood off.

Our final testing concluded it only helps to reduce heat soak (mainly when stopped, at slow speed or traffic) you still will have problems on the hills trying to keep up with me:flipoff2:

Getting the 80 ready for a trip to Mammoth.

New Water Pump, Thermostat, and coolant flush. Used E9999's method from the FAQ, I also made a couple of flushing manifolds that made the flush job a piece of cake (not as fancy as e9999's). Forced all tap water out with compressed air refilled and flushed with distilled 2X and then filled system with Toyota red and distilled.

Top piece is for backflushing the radiator, 1 1/2" barb fitting reduced to 1/2 inch tubing
Middle piece is the ball valve with hose fitting, shown with 5/8 barbed fitting for flushing system through to heater hose, also screws in to the radiator backflush manifold.
Last piece is a notched piece of 1/2 pvc which was the perfect tool for getting to the radiator petcock.

coolantflushmanifolds_zps704f011c.jpg

Petcockwrench_zpsbb9e15ac.jpg

100 series front pads...vacuum pump the lines...way better pedal response and firmness compared to two person pump and hold methid.

Friday commute to meet the wife and kids at the cabin:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406608721.165207.jpg

Yes it's the "fast lane".

Saw this Swiss made Saurer based motorhome!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406608829.570196.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Hit Johhny Park Road in Colorado

Finished installing another Slee's 6" lift, 3 front spring spacer sets and 3 Slee's hd relay rods. I'm tired and sore but happy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom