Is this considered "suspicious" in a Carfax report, or normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass
Threads
I am looking at a cruiser right now, but one thing that has me concerned are a few things that I have circled in red.
Untitled_zps114216b4.png

Does it seem this car had some electrical problems, or is that the norm?

I would not consider it overly suspicious. It could be as simple as a bulb burned out since that is body electrical. Induction service is a dealer profit add on as far as I am concerned and the keyless system is not a big worry to me assuming it was the fobs. The fobs eat batteries and a 2008 getting new batteries or fobs in 2013 is reasonable, IMHO.

You obviously have the VIN ... go enter it on the Toyota Owners website and you should be able to see more service details than is showing on CarFax since the services in question were performed by a dealer.

4 years for battery replacement that is good, I can't see anything wrong with those checks, I consider my 2008 4.7 litre cruiser to be excellent and it's got a lot more on the list than that one.

Great. Thanks. I had never heard of retrieving the carfax via the toyota website. It looks like elkaholic was right; the tail light and brake light were replaced.

It looks like at the 52,234 service, the interior electrical system was diagnosed (in 2010), but there does not appear to be any other issues related to the interior electrical system since then.

I agree about the comments re: electrical. Battery is to be expected as preventative measure around 4yrs. If possible make sure its state inspected and ready to go so you don't have to worry about little stuff. At almost 90k, I'd imagine that the tires are done. Check alternative banks for interest rates which is usually the money maker for dealers.

Good to see that the waterpump was replaced, but make sure you check it again and all the water hoses too. Take a peek underneath to check for any abnormal water or oil leaks.

I had our LX570 at the Lexus dealer to have the waterpump replaced under warranty. They changed the water pump but didn't secure one of the hoses properly causing a leak. Wasn't worth the return trip so I repaired it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom