picked up another 100 today :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to see someone else picked up a high-mile 100. I bought a 295,000 mile 2000 a couple of months ago, and the thing drives great! Bunches of new parts, including timing belt, etc. at 260,000, and an OME level stance lift, Slee sliders, and a Slee rear bumper (sans swingout). It's as tight as the 175,000 mile 2000 I sold a few months ago, so I hope it's not reaching the end of service life on too many components.

Any opinions on how many miles a well-maintained 100 would have to have on it before it became "sale-proof?" I know that's a very subjective question, but 295k didn't scare me off on this one. I'm just interested to hear what others think the "too-many-miles-to-buy" threshold would be for a decent 100......

keeping the rack as they come in handy.

yes the mileage seems to mean nothing. mine feels like its got 50k on it. i wouldn't shy away from any mileage if maintained properly.

got one last thing done, tundra wheels with 275/65/18's
IMG_20140728_071603_zps78ef137e.jpg

Last edited:
Its amazing how a few small things make it look a lot better. I defiantly need to get my side trim painted.

Its amazing how a few small things make it look a lot better. I defiantly need to get my side trim painted.

Yea I have my black plastidip for the emblems coming today and now I am kicking myself for not ordering the white too to do the sides... o well depot has it but thats a darn 20 minute drive :)

it really is amazing, even the wife noticed and liked the white side moldings.

it will be worth the 20 minute drive. just an fyi, it took 3 can of white to get the side moldings well covered for me.

Wow, 3 cans still not too bad for the results. I can't wait to do the emblems and side moldings. I am also starting to think about saving up for the Master Cylinder/Accumlator kit to replace the original one as a long term plan on keeping the truck. Makes me nervous reading all the old threads about that issue. It seemed to be mostly 98-99 MY's but there were some later ones plus since its a electric device it all fails eventually.

Wow, 3 cans still not too bad for the results. I can't wait to do the emblems and side moldings. I am also starting to think about saving up for the Master Cylinder/Accumlator kit to replace the original one as a long term plan on keeping the truck. Makes me nervous reading all the old threads about that issue. It seemed to be mostly 98-99 MY's but there were some later ones plus since its a electric device it all fails eventually.
Is there some sort of repair kit available for these power brake assist units?

Is there some sort of repair kit available for these power brake assist units?

No if the electric motor fails confirmed usually by symptoms and computer codes.
If it's the pump or whatever there is a thread on rebuilding and resealing the piston to achieve pressure again
But that not the usual thing that goes wrong.. Most old threads show total failure and everyone buys the ~$1400 kit that is the master cylinder, accumulator, and pump in one then it's pretty easy to swap out with some searching of threads on here.

1400 sounds like a lot.. But if say my original one is already at 200k it's pretty much a one time fix per life of vehicle

Dealers will gouge like crazy ordering the parts separate which makes them charge something like 2600+ which is nuts.

you may be able to do it with 2 cans. I just really like to coat it on thick so its easier to remove later.

will deal with the brake issue if it rears its ugly head.

gave the dash some attention this afternoon. a newer head unit modernizes the interior a bit and its nice to have nav and bluetooth.

IMG_20140728_165501_zps4340f0b6.jpg

@Ali FJ80 what model head unit is that? Really goes well with the rest of the dash

You work quickly. What's next?

Some inspirational pics (the stripped down non-US version).
Toyota_Land_Cruiser_HZJ105_1998-2004_frontleft_2008-06-04_U (1).jpg
HZJ1.jpg
721TB-20.jpg

yup, those were the ones. I kind of like the clear corners on the LC, I got some for the LX years back when we cracked one of the stock ones. may have to order another set from depo.
3acefaee-7d7e-4796-a1d3-56c0f2660968_zps775e16e4.jpg

These Tundra 18s are my plan for the LX since the 18" LC and LX 2003+ alloys are so difficult to find under $500.

yeah, the LC 18" wheels never pop up where as there are at least 20 sets of tundra wheels on CL locally right now as low as $200.

Nice find Ali and great price for one in that condition. If I were you I'd have kept the original colors. Here in the ME we get the stripped with 6V engine, sun roof, winch and many bells and whistles. Of course, they come with the raw unpainted bombers.

thanks. the original cladding was faded and just am not a fan of the Toyota gold/tan. nice thing is its easily reversible by just peeling off if needed.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406857961.295077.jpg

Mine looked like this...front and rear. So I spent $20 on Duplicolor Perfect Match in Toyota Natural White and did this:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406858050.713580.jpg

Several thousand miles and a round -trip to Colorado and it's holding up nicely!

...via IH8MUD app

nice job, that looks very nice. had though about doing the same but it would have ended up looking too much like our LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom