What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the new plywood front door panels installed. Looking pretty good an sounding better with the new stereo that went in yesterday.
I'd post a pic but they look a lot like the back door pics from yesterday so I won't.

Sandblasted and painted frame.
DSC09958.JPG

Started the front knuckle and brake rebuild. Only started on the left but have found the following so far: - brakes locked on (had to turn the rotor with a claw hammer hooked over the wheel studs)
- 2 x calliper pistons seized - only about 10mm wide strip of contact between rotor and pad
- the previous rebuild was done by a butcher (54mm nuts buggered by chisel / screwdriver method of doing them up, cone washers stuffed, wrong nuts on hub (holding cone washers on), freewheeling hub bolts all rounded over... Still not all the way in, and haven't even looked at the right side.... image.jpg

Fitted and wired up the new rear speakers, now I've got that surround sound going

Nice! I got some Sony xplod speakers from supercheap last weekend for $39. Still need to sort out the empty holes in the rear though...
Thanks Silver
I've taken all the door cards and the rear cards out and replaced with wood

IMG_0251.JPG

A little fishing in northern MN.

"ultimate TBI mod" I now have one bazilliion horsepower.

Before:
tbi-before-jpg.922057

After:
tbi-egr-tps-jpg.922060

New owner here. Dropped tank and cleaned out a lot of the rust, fixed the sending unit and got a start on brakes.
By the end of August, should have it road worthy

@62LostInMn I was up in Northern MN this past weekend as well. Would've been cool to see the same color 62 roaming around.

The boy and I headed out to Duluth, then up north through gravel roads to camp for a few nights. I setup a makeshift platform in the back for sleeping - it worked awesome!

T9V2hAp.png

Vbwyglh.png

MGF5STh.png

New owner here. Dropped tank and cleaned out a lot of the rust, fixed the sending unit and got a start on brakes.
By the end of August, should have it road worthy

Has the Factory Recall tank replacement been done on your truck? If not they will replace it for free!

Has the Factory Recall tank replacement been done on your truck? If not they will replace it for free!
I have to check, I'd think so since this was a border patrol fj haha
And nothing in the records I have going back to 96 say anything about a recall being done.

You can call a dealer with the VIN to find out...

Or I found this:

"You can check for recalls on your vehicles online here. It doesn't tell you when it was done (if it was done), but it will tell you if you need it. It will say "There are no scheduled recalls for your vehicle" or something like that if it was done. I just checked my 1988 Pickup and it looks like they owe me an egr pipe replacement."

https://auth2.toyota.com/owners/SSCInfo-index.html?siteid=too_toyota_recall_vinlookup#

Looks like I'm getting a free tank haha

You're welcome.
I just assumed it had already been done. Had to talk to corporate though haha
The dealership in the springs couldn't find anything on the vin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom