Old Style Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
What about those tail lights? Lenses aren't too bad, but those gaskets. Mine are cracked and dry rotted, just a shame to reuse them. Does anyone know somebody, who made some. I couldn't find any reference to the gaskets, in my search. Any ideas?

IMG_2521.JPG

I'm going to get the ring rechromed, but I don't want to touch the rubber gasket. I'd like to get the housing Cad. plated, but not before I had new rubber.

You could use dental impession silicone, it reticulate in 3 to 5 mn, then you just hqve to cut the exess. The isssue is what color do you need. If you tell me the color you need I can search for you, many colors exist, but not black.
Pascal

just how factory do they need to look?

Pascal, sounds interesting. Dark gray, etc. would work for me.

Xtiaan, I don't think so, but I will call him. I had him send me everything he made, minus a few pieces I had.

Lambcrusher, For me, not too much. Function over form.

Scrapdaddy, I will search for you. As I am not at work next week, no answer before August. Dark grey difficult I think but pink or red (better) sounds me possible. If I find the producct I think I ll try to send you th extrusion pistol with mixing tips...

I'll be damn, went down and looked through the box from Slocruiser's and there they were.

IMG_2525.JPG

Thank You, one more problem solved.

Pascal,

Thanks for thinking about me, but looks like we got them. Yeah, I'm a idiot!

Alright, how about the lenses. Pablo, your guy up to make some?

Last edited:

sorrry, I do not share your opinion..

Yeah, I was wondering about that. My pile of used parts didn't have them. I have to take them from the parts pig, not sure of their condition. Really wasn't sure if there even was another gasket used there. Maybe I better look in my Slocruiser's box, again. :)

Ok, I got this sorted out. The gaskets I were looking for are the ones between the light housing and the body. John at Slocruisers, sells the one between the lens and chrome trim. I e-mailed him today, about making some of the body gasket.

I did pull the ones off the parts pig and they are like new, so I'm good to go, but would like a new set as well. Here's a picture.

IMG_2527.JPG

Slocruiser's on the left and the one we need to be made is on the right. I'm going to Cad. plate the housings, before using.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom