Can only edit latest post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,

I just had a quick question regarding post editing. I have a thread for my fj60 build, and want to edit my first post to put in a build directory.

I can only edit my LATEST post, and only for about 24 hours, then the "edit" button at the bottom of the post goes away, and I cant do anything to it. How do I edit earlier posts, or posts on different threads?

I know you need a certain number of messages to prove your not a spam bot or whatever, but I have over 100.... is that insufficient????

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Will

Yes, there are cutoffs for editing....24 hours is about right for members with under 250 posts, no editing at all for members with under 10.

-- edited 11/26/17 --
Limited changed some time ago (don't recall) so new members have 48 hour edit powers, and those with 10+ posts have full edit powers. A BIG reason for this limit is spammers, who are known to post a few times, disappear for months, then return to edit and add in their garbage. It's happened before, and the 10+ rule solves that.

Last edited:
not being able to edit posts is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen, seriously. no offense to the staff of the board but really? whats the worst that can happen outside of me trying to fix a copy and paste typo
I completely agree. I put up incorrect information as it related to what parts numbers I used, and whether some parts worked with others and now I get tons of questions about it and theres no way to go back and correct what I said. I dont really understand the thinking behind "once its posted, its set in stone".

you could buy a Silver Star and get more privileges :idea:

Yes, there are cutoffs for editing....24 hours is about right for members with under 250 posts, no editing at all for members with under 10.

WOW - That's sweet! Let's penalize those of us who have the least experience on this forum (with its antiquated tools) and are therefore more likely to make the most mistakes. BRILLIANT!!!!

WOW - That's sweet! Let's penalize those of us who have the least experience on this forum (with its antiquated tools) and are therefore more likely to make the most mistakes. BRILLIANT!!!!

But let's let the folks who have tons of time to post on anything their little pea-picking heart desires - and they can do anything!

well for me it is really hard as 9 years ago crushed on the job no oxygen to the brain . So lost some stuff in there like speech and processing skills. Now have to clean up so toyo stuff to go 84 2.5 truck 95 80 series and 97 lx450 keeping the 82 34b fj60
so a upgrade is how much you say

well for me it is really hard as 9 years ago crushed on the job no oxygen to the brain . So lost some stuff in there like speech and processing skills. Now have to clean up so toyo stuff to go 84 2.5 truck 95 80 series and 97 lx450 keeping the 82 34b fj60
so a upgrade is how much you say
so THERE IS NO WAY TO EDIT MY POST? HOW DO INCREASE AND OR DECREASE MY PRICE AND ADD IN SOME MORE DETAILS

so THERE IS NO WAY TO EDIT MY POST? HOW DO INCREASE AND OR DECREASE MY PRICE AND ADD IN SOME MORE DETAILS
You make a New Reply with updated information.

And you don't use ALL CAPS either.

Classifieds directions specifically state to NOT include a price in the title. No other reason to update. Simply REPLY to the thread with updated info, the same way you REPLIED to this thread.

Classifieds directions specifically state to NOT include a price in the title. No other reason to update. Simply REPLY to the thread with updated info, the same way you REPLIED to this thread.
no im not changing price on SUBJECT.. im aware of the rules. I want to add in what city i am in... and "reduced" price for faster sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom