Sandwiches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made a quick concoction of sour dough, smoked gouda, eggs, smoked turkey, bacon, tomato and lettuce.. with a Guiness Extra Stout.. Messy pics, but was good eats...

P1040004.JPG
P1040005.JPG

J

Well here is some bread that my kiddo made. Just sausage, grillled onions, lettuce, tomato, mustard.
sammies 002.JPG

sammich...mexican style :)

mexican sammich.jpg

CHOMP!

Details!

Homemade flour tortillas (because even here, within 10-miles of mex-ville :rolleyes:, you can't buy a real tortilla), fried up (think wok) leftover pulled pork, fresh roasted poblanos, new mex greens & jalapenos, roasted tomatoes, left over sliced potatoes, aged cheddar, cilantro and butta.

Homemade flour tortillas (because even here, within 10-miles of mex-ville :rolleyes:, you can't buy a real tortilla), fried up (think wok) leftover pulled pork, fresh roasted poblanos, new mex greens & jalapenos, roasted tomatoes, left over sliced potatoes, aged cheddar, cilantro and butta.
Interesting, I was looking for tortilla recipes Saturday night. Would you share yours?

Dan,

I've been using the tortilla recipe from food.com...here it is:

FWIW I normally cut this recipe in 1/2 and sometimes 1/4 since its just two of us here ;)

4C flour (I use UB)
1-1/2t salt
1t baking powder
3T vege oil
1-1/2C warm water

Mix the dry ingredients then add the oil and mix (spoon).
Then add and mix the water a little at a time until you get a soft dough (may/may not use all the water...adjust accordingly).
Knead for 2-4 minutes.
Form into a ball, cover and let rest at least 20-minutes.
Heat up a cast iron skillet (medium-hot)
Roll out the size tortilla you want...a golf ball size ball of dough will get you about a 5" diameter tortilla
20-30 seconds per side in the cast iron skillet

I use my Kitchenaid pasta roller attachment to speed up the rolling process. If I'm making ~5-6" diameter tortillas then I'll just roll them on the KA. Otherwise if I want larger diameter tortillas I'll run them through the KA but stop at a thicker setting then finish with a rolling pin...just faster is the only reason.

Remember: The cooked tortillas puff up...so I roll mine out very thin...cuts back on the calories per tortilla too ;)

They keep for a week in a zip-lock in the fridge. Reheat as necessary in the microwave (if heating several I wrap them in a wetted/wring'd out clean kitchen towel so they stay moist in the microwave).

The following will blow your mind. It is so simple, yet so complex. And so complete.

It is a breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It could even be a dessert.

It is always mocked by those who haven't tried it - until they try it.

This sandwich is the perfect
balance of salty & sweet, with a pinch of smokey. The perfect balance of carbs (quick & slow burning), fat and protein. The yin and the yang, the darkness and the light.

This sandwich is a superfood.

In fact, I ate them before heading off on my long runs while training for a marathon.

Move over peanut butter and jelly...

Behold:

The Bacon & Jelly Sandwich...

Take some bacon (oven cooked thick sliced here)

image.jpg

Take some toaster toast (honey wheat in this case)

image.jpg

Apply jelly to both sides. Strawberry preserves or grape jelly is best, but you can always run whatcha brung. (I also put a little fake butter spread just because)

image.jpg

Insert bacon...

image.jpg

Profit:

image.jpg

Tonight I also made a BLT with chipotle smoked Gouda melted onto the bacon, with avocados, lettuce, tomato, and a little basil. Mayo and brown mustard on the toast.

DAMN!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

The following will blow your mind. It is so simple, yet so complex. And so complete.

It is a breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It could even be a dessert.

It is always mocked by those who haven't tried it - until they try it.

This sandwich is the perfect
balance of salty & sweet, with a pinch of smokey. The perfect balance of carbs (quick & slow burning), fat and protein. The yin and the yang, the darkness and the light.

This sandwich is a superfood.

In fact, I ate them before heading off on my long runs while training for a marathon.

Move over peanut butter and jelly...

Behold:

The Bacon & Jelly Sandwich...

I would have added the peanut butter.. :clap:

J

Damn, I totally forgot there was a sandwich thread. This morning I fried an egg plus an extra white. While it was cooking I remembered I had a loaf of bread (a rare occurrence brought about by houseguests this week) so I grabbed the bread, deli ham, cheddar, American, mustard, butter and duck fat and whipped up a quick grilled cheese. Hard to beat hand food. Now I'm remembering the crawfish tails in the freezer...hmmm...maybe tomorrow if I don't oversleep.

Cam, that BLT looks amazing. My avocados were all way past edible this morning.

Cam, nice sandwiches! I've had PBJ+bacon...will try minus the p-butter!

So, I know y'all celebrated National Hot Dog Day yesterday... right???

Pictured here some dogs & brats, in a top-load bun, with a side of tots.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Who'd have guessed that hot dogs were gluten-free? That means they're healthy, right?

image.jpg

Tonight I also made a BLT with chipotle smoked Gouda melted onto the bacon, with avocados, lettuce, tomato, and a little basil. Mayo and brown mustard on the toast.

DAMN!!!

View attachment 912119

View attachment 912120

I took another stab at this tonight. This time I had HOMEGROWN tomatoes, MORE basil, and I toasted my fancy wheat berry bread in my DeBuyers skillet instead of the toaster.

BIG improvement!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

CAUTION!! INSTANT ACUTE CORONARY FAILURE!!!!

Here is my "Breakfast Burger"... I teased FinnyFam60 with this and am finally posting it up for all to see.. Some call it an ABOMINATION, but I DON'T GIVE A $H!T! Its tasty and fun to eat...........

Consists of:

Ground sirloin and Jimmy Dean sage sausage patty
Fried egg (w/salt and pepper)
Smoked Canadian bacon
Cheese
Peanut butter and Srirachi sauce
ON A KRISPY KREME GLAZED DONUT (WELL 2 IN MY CASE)

I LOVE THIS BURGER...

Cheers,

J
P1040343.JPG
P1040345.JPG
P1040346.JPG
P1040348.JPG
P1040349.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom