FNG Checking In (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys / gals

I was fortunate to have a mother that bought a brand new Land Cruiser in 1995 and decided to give it to me. She is getting something that gets better mpg. It's a 95 with leather and every option but no lockers )>: it has only 135,000 miles on it an in my opinion looks like it came off the show room floor.

Like many other members here I was inspired by Jose's (jcardona1) build and decided to do what I said I would never do again after my last project ....that is to modify and improve the overall look and performance of the truck. Well after seeing just how good these 80 series cruisers can be built and the capability they have as an expedition / off road rig I decided to go nuts again. So instead of spending $60,000 on new diesel Jeep Rubicon (if they ever make it) I decided to throw $15,000 to $20,000 into the truck I got for free. I have already talked to Alex at AOE and purchased his front bumper, rear bumper and a Warn 9.5 XP winch for the front. I will post some pictured when I have time and when I am allowed to based on number of post and forum rules etc... I am looking forward to this project and plan on researching and taking my time to be sure I make the right choices along the way.

Thanks to all the members that have spent many hours on here posting their knowledge and helping others like me save time and money with their builds. I spent some time on here before I registered and have many long nights looking at all the builds and researching. I plan to contribute when I can.

Future Plans that come to mind for now below. List will grow I'm sure

- Lift - 4" to 6" - Looking at Slee, Snake Racing, OME for now.
- Rock Sliders - Looking at Slee and AOE
- Wheels -
- 35" or 37" tires -
- ARB Air lockers F/R w compressor
- 488 to 529 gears
- Race seats and 5 point up front
- Double din stereo / dvd w/rear camera
- cb radio
- Snorkel
- center lock switch
- after market fender flares
- larger gas tank
- LED head lights - Vision X or Rigid
- Roof Rack

You are right I am understating how lucky I am on this one.:cheers:

The maintenance records are all there. She was a school teacher so she is organized and keeps things meticulous. The only time this thing has been off road or even touched dirt is when she drives it on her 300' crushed granite driveway. :) Life is about to change for this 80! :eek:

Here are some pictures that I took a few days back. Not the best but plenty more to follow during the build.

20140721_130711.jpg 20140721_130727.jpg 20140721_130844.jpg 20140721_130826.jpg

What? My inner child is screaming "NO FAIR". Congrats though, that's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom