6 month decision on wheels and tires! Whew! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tested one wheel tonight with plasti dip and pretty impressed. Will do others tomorrow. If I ever have any issues with it I can just peel it off.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1405828196.938164.jpg

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

looks good!!!

Very impressed! Rides great even with LT on. Before and after:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406062925.637716.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406062947.438180.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1406062959.605564.jpg

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Looks great! Congrats :clap:

Thanks! Are you measuring your sweet spot at 38psi cold?

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Anyone know what kind of wheels UN/NATO trucks have that are white, look almost like Rally wheels...seen them on the 200s like this pics, and what brand/type of tires they use?
images

damn that looks really good!!!

Need some advice... yesterday went on the highway for first time and definitely felt the impact of going with LT. Discount will let me trade them out if I want. I know some of you have these tires in P rated. Are you still happy with them and do they have good winter grip with less tread than the LT? Looks like 16 vs 13 depth difference. Also will the LT's soften up after a couple hundred miles? Thx

The P size I have are 18s, so no bueno for you. I also have not run them through a winter yet, but my winters will not compare to yours. I am very happy with mine so far.

The P-metric size Toyo Open Country 2 has less sidewall tread as well, it will look less agressive than the LT tire. Toyo's Web site has a good image comparing the three versions. On my 80 I have the extreme version in a 315. The shop originally received the LT version or possibly P version and I made them send the tires back as it was not agressive enough for my liking on the 80. You will get better gas millage from the P as it should be lighter as well in addition to being a more compliant ride.

I've played around with the pressure and after a couple more days it rides fine. I am getting used to it and just love how it turned out...

Settled on 39psi. Ride is fine a little stiff but is smooth for the most part. After a week I am used to it and happy.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom