Amazon 72W LED Light Bar from Mic Tuning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone purchase one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C044N8/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I purchased one a few weeks back and didn't pay much attention to reviews etc. I just figured I'll pay a bit more and hope the quality is reflected in the price.
It seems according to one review they are selling knock offs of their knock offs!
I rec'd mine within two weeks of ordering it and quality wise (paint finish, casting, ss hardware, packaging, wire leads) it looks good and works.
I just checked the shipping label, and although it has a Mictuning logo printed on the shipping box (as well as a Mictuning sticker on the actual light bar), it was shipped from:

Guangzhou Bang GU Internet Technology CO LTD

I see also the price is now $116 and when purchased it I paid $91

I'm wiring it to my reverse lights and mounting it to my rear spoiler. I will also add a manual override switch to let my use it as a working lamp at the rear of the truck. It is a flood design and I find at 72W it is just adequate for what I wanted in terms of providing more light at the rear of the truck.

I just about finished the install. I used an extra hazard switch along with a relay to provide a manual mode. Here are some pics. For some reason the first pic is upside down.

image.jpg

Another from inside the truck...Upside down again? Without the light you can't see the car.

image.jpg

One more from outside truck on drivers's side. One thing I should have mentioned is that the light was powered by my battery charger set to 6A @ 12VDC. No reverse light on in any pics as truck was not running.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Good job, those things are plenty bright.

A pic of it mounted to the spoiler.

image.jpg

My neck hurts....

:flipoff2:

Anyone purchase one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C044N8/?tag=ihco-20

I purchased one a few weeks back and didn't pay much attention to reviews etc. I just figured I'll pay a bit more and hope the quality is reflected in the price.
It seems according to one review they are selling knock offs of their knock offs!
I rec'd mine within two weeks of ordering it and quality wise (paint finish, casting, ss hardware, packaging, wire leads) it looks good and works.
I just checked the shipping label, and although it has a Mictuning logo printed on the shipping box (as well as a Mictuning sticker on the actual light bar), it was shipped from:

Guangzhou Bang GU Internet Technology CO LTD

I see also the price is now $116 and when purchased it I paid $91

I'm wiring it to my reverse lights and mounting it to my rear spoiler. I will also add a manual override switch to let my use it as a working lamp at the rear of the truck. It is a flood design and I find at 72W it is just adequate for what I wanted in terms of providing more light at the rear of the truck.
How's your light been doing? I'm looking at their 30".

Don't hesitate on the MicTuning bars, just make sure they're genuine MicTuning, as they said there were a few other companies on there trying to sell as them.

It's obviously Chinese imports, but I've had great luck out of them. I have been running one of their bars for over 12 months in Uganda. With all of the vibration and dust here, it still hasn't died. At the price I paid (~$86) I'd be fine if it took a dump on me tomorrow having lasted this long in the conditions it has. Just added one to my wife's car. Perfect addition.

How's your light been doing? I'm looking at their 30".

I actually never got to hook the light up until last week when I reinstalled my interior panel. I installed a separate "hazard" switch to turn it on manually, but it is also wired into the reverse circuit with a relay.

The light itself looks fine. The hardware isn't rusted and it hasn't faded either (that is just dirt in the pics). This thing has been exposed to the elements almost all year incl our winter. I would highly recommend it if it is still available.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom