Beadlocks for Mountain Bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Never thought we'd see the day when bicycles had internal beadlocks...

Funny how cyclists will think this is a new and amazing technology when it's really 50 year old car tech. Like the narrow wide tooth design on xx1 that's been standard on dirt bikes since before I was born.

I do like the idea - although I can't say I'd ever seriously consider it as anything more than a funny gimmick.

That would have saved me a fair amount of time when I rode Northstar a few years ago... pinch flats suck! :doh:

For most riders this is not something worth buying, but if your riding a lot of agressive downhill stuff with lots of sharp rock, having this could be pretty sweet.

Go tubeless... no need to worry about pinch flats then! Been riding Gorilla Tape Ghetto with homemade brew for a while now with zero issues.

Interesting!

Just not sure I'd want to get new rims though.

What I think could be interesting would be a multistage tires where there are concentric rings starting with say 50psi in the inner going to 20psi on the outer tires. Soft small bump compliance, great traction, and a very progressive compression so you don't bust up your rims. Considering how the market has gone in the last 10 years, if someone made a $500 set of mountain bike tires, there'd be a market for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom