Millermatic 175 yes or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Buddy wants to sell me his. Clean as a whistle. Bottle included as well as gun. Are these worth 800$ or so? I want to weld my roll cage and have 220AC 50A circuit dedicated installed in my garage.

Discuss.

$500.

MM175 is a good welder...had one and used it aplenty. IIRC I sold mine a few years ago for $750 with cart no bottle. If it's clean as you say and no issues then $500 per Cruiserdrew, would make me smile.

Thought so....I can offer $500.
Better than buying the shop a new welder plus $500 AND I don't learn how to weld.

Says he paid more than $500 so I said maybe we can figure something out....

I heard the 175 had some issues but were overall good machines. I just bought a 140 with cart no bottle for $400. If I had 220 in the garage I probably would have gotten the 175. I think the one here was around 800 with the bottle.

I love my 175, great machine. I paid around 800 new for mine in 2006. With a bottle, cart, and tax it was close to 1000. How old is the machine, how much has it been used? You can't put a spool gun for doing aluminum on a 175 like you can a 180.

I wouldn't pay over 500 for a used 175, maybe kick in an extra 50 bucks for the bottle.

As a reference point, Hobart 190s are selling for around $750 (or $800 with an aluminum gun) new with free shipping at Northerntool. Maybe not the same class -I don't know- but new. And not bad machines I hear.

Although when I buy one it will be a multivoltage welder. I think that is a big plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom