'Mud pet memorial thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry Spook, he sounds like he was a terrific lad.:(

Marilyn, age 15 R.I.P. 05/19/2014

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1401588389.290778.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

:( I'm also a sucker for the blonde critters. RIP.

Knew it was coming soon but still hurts the same. She was somewhere between 16 and 18, had bad breath and burped a lot but I loved her and will miss her greatly.

lulu.jpg

My Tiffany. She was 15. I miss my fluffy red headed co-pilot. She was loyal and beautiful!!! Tears are out as I type these words. Thank you mud for this thread. This is the last pic I took of her on our way to the vet to send her to the heavens.
image.jpg

Ky longhunter I appreciate your response. It was rough to have made the decision when tiff was in good spirits to the very end despite being ill. Thanks again!!

My Big Boy. Gordon , 6/13/14 . One month shy of fourteen. He was a great dog. A Big Love. I miss him.
057.JPG

Stash and Oldmuddog,

Sorry for the loss of your friends. 2 weeks and I'm still saddened when I come in from work to not find her waiting.

Nice pic of Jackson Greg. Sorry to hear.

To Chucho :beer:,

My most dedicated, loyal, trustworthy employee.

Though thick and thin, thank you for waiting patiently every morning for me to open the gate. Thank you for being there when days were not going as planned and celebrating with us when things were good. Thank you for the smiles, laughs, and taking care of the place when no one was around. And in the end, thanks for putting up with the tears, and letting me share that final moment. Your life was cut way too short.

Vaya con dios, buddy.

This one is a hard one because it was such a shock and neither of us can figure out what caused it, but my wife found Peach, one of our chinchillas, dead in their cage today. No sign of any trauma and she had no health issues throughout her short life. She was only 6. We're both very saddened by this. Even though she was small, she was still a member of our little family. Much more than just a pet.

Peach.jpg

Well apparently this just isnt our year.
Today we had to put down our family cat Guinness. I got him 14yrs ago when my wife and I first started dating. Was probably the best cat in the world as we have not necessitated a cat box in probably 8yrs because he could open the back door to our house to let himself in and out. Not really sure what happened but he suddenly stopped eating and drinking day before yesterday, no signs of trauma and he had mainly been in the house because it had been relatively cold the last week. Took him into the vet yesterday and they ran a blood panel, results today showed super high potassium count, multiple other items high but main concern from the doc was that his kidneys were huge but he was not producing any urine. So we made the hard decision as the vet was 99% sure it was severe renal failure (kidney failure) in the rare form where the kidneys stop producing urine and the body just toxifies.

We know it was the right decision but that makes two pets in almost exactly 2 months. Other two dogs are 9yrs old and 6yrs old. We will miss you Guint. Say hi to Jackson for us and let him know we still think of him daily. :beer:
Untitled by renofizz, on Flickr

Sorry Greg, cats are tough and resilient, you never know anything's wrong until it's dire:(. I know the feeling all too well, I've lost two "best" cats in the past few years. I didn't think I could replace either but I couldn't ask for a better pair than the two that now share my life. What makes them the best is that they chose me to be their human.:) When you're ready to fill the void, take the plunge, it won't be the same but it'll be just as sweet.:cool: There are far more great pets in the world than great owners.

I don't regret starting this thread, but man it makes me bawl like a little girl.

I don't regret starting this thread, but man it makes me bawl like a little girl.

Me too. Pets steal our hearts and break them. But I wouldn't give up the years in between.:)

I only just found this thread... there is nothing easy about losing a friend...

We lost Mr Parker in July - he was 12.5yrs old and a true gentleman his whole life. I had to euthanize him on July 11, 2014 - he had an inoperable, basketball-sized tumor on his back and right side. We kept him and enjoyed him until he told me he was ready to quit hurting.

Luckily, we have his 9yr old nephew (Sgt Gunner in avatar).

This picture is Mr P in 2013, when we had had another tumor removed. Though Dianna, Gunner and I are finally accepting the loss of our dear friend, we continue to miss him every day...

photo 3.JPG

We lost our Roxy at 2AM today. She had an inoperable lung tumor, so it was not unexpected, but you are never prepared...

She was really my wife's and daughters dog and really preferred their company, unless I was the only one home. Then I was the her best friend, but she did not want to show that the her "Real" friends!

We adopted her from the pound at the age of 6 and had 8 great years with us. She hung with the big dogs and loved camping and the 60. When ever I get in the Land Cruiser, all the dogs want to go, but she loved to up front where she could give the big dogs the FU...I'm up front!

A bitch, but a good bitch...Miss her
P1080187.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom