looking at a 2014 - is $14k good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at a 2014 LC with 171,000 miles on it. Fairly clean carfax with 1 minor accident to the rear bumper. Everything appears to be in decent condition but it is missing the 3rd row seats. Is $14,200 a fair price? I can't find anything in that year range with that kind of mileage. thanks for the help.

Kbb.com shows 15,200. I just bought a 2000 with 190k miles for 8900 and it has an extended warranty. Deals are out there. Be patient and have the cash ready.

@UTswmer Find out if your area primarily uses KBB or NADA and then use that as one basis of comparison.

The Austin guy is using NADA...I just havent been able to find anything newer than 2002 with that mileage to compare to. thanks for the input so far...

I'd say that's a good price as long as its well maintained.

...via IH8MUD app

Just to give you another data point, I purchased my '03 with 88K miles on it for $18K a couple of months ago. Full service history, but in need of tires, windshield, and timing belt service. Based on my search, I would say that's a good price for an '04 if it's rust free and you have a full service history.

Just to give you another data point, I purchased my '03 with 88K miles on it for $18K a couple of months ago. Full service history, but in need of tires, windshield, and timing belt service. Based on my search, I would say that's a good price for an '04 if it's rust free and you have a full service history.

You got a good deal!

These trucks are subject to fairly wide ranging regional pricing with the PNW seeming to be the most expensive overall and the NE seeming to be the cheapest overall. Part of the pricing in the NE being lower is no doubt due to corrosion.

I think sometimes there is too much focus on getting the best possible deal. Especially considering the pricing variations. Moreover, these were $50-70k land yachts and while some might be now Kia Rio priced the parts and maintenance requirements are commensurate to what it is. Note on maintenance, while these trucks offer an absurd "idiot cushion", eventual such bottom dollar thinking will come back and bite you.

I gotta give props to those in the East who specifically seek out CA and AZ vehicles as the one issue that really no amount of money can ever really square is rust. While there have been great advances in rust mitigation, Pandora's box has been opened and short of swapping out frames, nothing can fully vanquish it.

I would reckon the ultimate baller move would be to find a western example that has somehow migrated to the NE for a short garage owned duration. And of course, beware the inverse if either living in the West or planning to purchase there.

+1 on getting a rust free truck. I wouldn't even take a truck with lots of corrosion if you gave it to me. I'm already tight on time and that would not be worth the hassle.

I would be happy to pay an extra $2-3k for a rust free truck, all things held equal. But that's just me......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom