Need to replace my exhaust 1991 FJ 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have read up on the one company EMS Powdered, and I think I will steer clear. The best priced replacement I I have been able to find is Bosal. I need the two down pipes with cats, the y pipe,the muffler,and the tail pipe. For some reason they do not make the y pipe. Is there some other option that is a complete system that i have over looked? Thanks for any help.

As far as a y-pipe is concerned that is the only place that I have seen one.
There is no complete kit available for these, you will have to piece one together.
You have to remember, they only made this model for 2 years, so parts are getting slim now days.

A custom system like the EMS one is about your only option. And they are the only ones making a complete kit.

Just an idea, I would hunt around for a local (well respected) muffler shop. The place I went to made a Y pipe, changed the 2 cats into 1, built the pipe from the cat to the muffler, installed a new muffler and welded up about 3 clamps for 4 bills. I then took the old cats (which looked fine with 340k) to a scrap dealer and got back a 100. Btw, the muffler shop may complain about you taking the old cats (duh, because they sell them) so I kept pushing and he had me sign some sort of release to take them.

Another vote for custom local shop. I am still having problems with my EMS and have gotten zero customer service...

Check out Cruiser Yard here on mud. Great vendor!

I did mine all custom. best bet is custom shop

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

keep looking here on mud i saw a thread awhile back from a guy who makes a similar stailess system basically making it exactly like the original..maybe its the same guy

I purchased a stainless intake and a exhaust manifold from ems about 6 months ago. The intake took two months to arrive and still have not received the manifold . Only got through once to the guy in the shop. Several other calls have been made. I want my manifold! About to do a credit card charge back. I'd say if u use them use an American express soo u get a warranty on satisfsction. Local shop should be better. To bad because ems has some good products just horrible follow through.

I really want to order one of the intakes, but have read so many bad reviews that I'm thinking I'm just asking for for trouble. I've got it loaded in the cart right now, and really want to pull the trigger!! With it being the same price as an OEM replacement, it's awfully tempting. Were you able to get through to them recently? I know that they've downsized dramatically, but I mean the website's up and running like everything is ok. I've got a buddy who'd love to order one of their exhaust systems for his 80, but is obviously pretty apprehensive about doing that after all the bad press they've been getting lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom